Principal Process Engineer, Open to flexible working
4 days left
- Contract Type
The Principal Process Engineer develops and sets the control strategy for Oral Health NPI’s and leads the technical transfer of products from the pilot plant to the factory while working in conjunction with Supply Chain. The most critical and complex projects will be handled by the Principal Process Engineer.
The Principal Process Engineer will coach and mentor junior Process Engineers and support their development.
In this role you will…
- Develop and implement future Scale up strategy, including leading the request for CAPEX and building capability internally or externally at our strategic third-party contractors.
- Robust and efficient manufacturing processes for NPI projects.
- The Principal Process Engineer contributes to the Development report and Technical Risk assessment and sets the Control Strategy for NPI's projects.
- Manage and lead process development activities for assigned projects which typically will be the most technically challenging and complex.
- Lead process engineering studies to identify new and improved processing techniques and technologies for introduction into R&D and Supply Chain.
- Engagement with R&D teams to understand technologies employed in Category and Regional products and associated challenges
- Technically Lead the scale up/down from pilot plant to commercial scale, developing technical understanding and scale-up rules that can be used by other engineers (Quality by Design).
- Develop expert processing equipment understanding/characterization – at different scales to assist in development of scale-up models.
- Lead the manufacture and scale up of Oral Health development batches and technology transfer of new Oral Health products into commercial manufacturing facilities to the required cGMP standards.
- Expertise in how key product quality attributes can be influenced by processing and can therefore be controlled (Process Understanding Control and Capability)
- Plan and implement process development experiments at laboratory and / or pilot plant (1/10th) scale, using agreed engineering tools such as DOE and report the results
- Independently designs experiments and carries out scientific work with significant expertise in state-of-the art technology.
- Mentor Process Engineers on designing experiments. Creates investigation and research plans to fit overall project objectives.
- Keep abreast of the latest process equipment technology and to work with outside suppliers to find novel process equipment
- Manage multiple projects and be able to focus and prioritize on important projects.
- Maintains awareness of scientific literature to assist work progression and understanding.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the field of process development
- Excellent understanding of the Consumer Health / FMCG product development process
- Good understanding of CGMP requirements
- Successful track record of Oral Health consumer product and process development.
- Experience in the field of product cost optimization, value engineering, Design to value and/or Operational Excellence
- Bachelor, Life Sciences Engineering
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Ph.D. in Science (preferably Engineering)
- Problem solving, ability to demonstrate proven results
- Technical leadership
Why Consumer Healthcare?
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year over a billion and a half of them and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge, and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business. This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.