Support Worker (administration)
Urban Saints exists to meet these young people wherever they are and introduce them to Jesus through our network of exciting weekly groups, annual camps and overseas discipleship missions.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE SUPPORT WORKER ROLE:
To support the Scotland Impact Team Leader with admin duties, establish supportive relationships with group leaders in Scotland and support with the administration of residentials and events.
• To establish strong relationships with each, Energize/Urban Saints group leader in Scotland though email and phone calls. Provide initial contact for new groups and ongoing pastoral care. Collate prayer requests, distribute information on regional activities and gather feedback from groups.
• To communicate emerging needs, trends and issues identified during contact with leaders to relevant staff in a clear, concise and timely manner.
• To establish a group of prayer supporters in the region and to communicate regularly items for prayer from groups, camps and regional events etc.
• To contact groups in the region who are undertaking an Energize trial and support them in exploring and using the site.
• To collate information on upcoming events and opportunities for group leaders to link in to and to disseminate information to leaders across the region using email, social media, web pages etc
• To provide admin and other practical support for training events, camps and other regional events as required.
• To provide general administrative support and assistance to the Scotland Impact Team Leader as required.
• Good standard of literacy and numeracy
• Ability to deal with confidential information appropriately
• Ability to give appropriate pastoral support to volunteers with Christian input
• Good communication skills including confident telephone manner
• Good interpersonal skills with tactful/mature approach when dealing with the public and colleagues
• Good organisational and admin skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
• Working knowledge of databases
• Willingness to learn and develop within the role
• Flexible and adaptable approach to working
• Ability to self-motivate and to organise and prioritise time and tasks
• Experience of working within a team
• Experience of working in an admin role
• Experience of managing/organising volunteers (preferable)
Given that the organisation is seeking to promote and live out a Biblical lifestyle following Jesus, there is a genuine occupational requirement that the applicant must be a strong committed Christian with an active faith.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check and references.
Please click on the "apply" button for more details and to make an application.
The closing date for applications is Friday 27th April 2018.
Interviews will take place on the 8th May in Edinburgh.