Senior Portfolio Manager, Supply Planning & Logistics, Open to flexible working
Diageo Digital & Technology (DT) is a multi-functional, digital delivery function established to liberate and equip markets to deliver the Diageo’s Strategic Priorities. This is achieved through:
- Putting our customers at the heart of delivery
- World class end to end process execution
- Generating performance enhancing insights from data
- Providing CPG leading digital capabilities and solutions
- Responding to and embracing change
- D&T plays a critical role in enabling Diageo’s digital agenda through delivering our strategic priorities in many areas, including E-Commerce, Digital Marketing, Demand Sensing and Manufacturing Optimisation.
Our portfolio is structured around key product lines that broadly align to business functions:
- Corporate Functions & People
- Analytics & Insights
- Technology Foundations
This role manages the Planning and Logistics agenda within the Supply portfolio which has an ambitious transformation roadmap ahead.
The Portfolio Manager works closely with the corresponding business sponsors and strategic planning team to translate the strategic pipeline into an execution roadmap, and then oversee the successful delivery to achieve the committed business outcomes.
Structure and manage the appropriate resources to enable realisation of delivery plans. Leads on all aspects of governance and control, protecting the investment and safeguarding compliance.
Oversees investment prioritization, governance, financial and resource management, and delivery quality of a strategic portfolio. Translates the strategic plan into a delivery roadmap to achieve business outcomes from portfolio investments. Coordinates the interdependencies across multiple delivery teams to maximise value realisation.
The Supply portfolio has a complex multi geography/ functional/ process/ system footprint. Risk to business operations, change impact, and compliance/controls is in the mid to high range.
The Senior Portfolio Manager will typically oversee an annual budget of £10m+ and will be accountable for managing this budget, flagging risks & opportunities as appropriate, to end the year on target.
- Leads a high performing team of Programme and Project Managers to deliver a portfolio of projects. Builds the capability of the team and manages performance to ensure the full portfolio is delivered on time, on budget and to the quality metrics.
- Partners with the strategic planning team to ensure minimum criteria for portfolio prioritisation are fulfilled before accepting work into the portfolio
- Takes ownership for mobilising prioritised programmes and projects to secure funding approval. This includes driving the refinement of the business case and ensuring that costs, timeframes, resource requirements and governance are feasible to achieve the target outcomes
- Empowers programme and project leaders within the portfolio to own delivery status, risk mitigation, issue resolution, CARM compliance and resourcing, with authority to make decisions at the respective programme or project level.
- Acts as a senior escalation point for severe issues and intervenes to drive mitigation.
- Approves project expenditure and change requests as per the approval authority threshold
- Manages overall interdependencies across their Portfolio with respect to identifying resource synergies, project approaches and opportunities for more effective delivery.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and efficiencies in our ways of working
- This is a senior role that interfaces with senior stakeholders across D&T and the wider business, and requires significant people management experience to coach and drive performance breakthrough.
- Knowledge and experience of Supply Chain transformation within a global organisation
- A strong track record of Programme Management within large matrixed organisations delivering outcome based solutions using both traditional (waterfall) and iterative (Agile) methodologies
- Demonstrated capability to build and maintain strong business relationships
- Excellent pan cultural impact and influencing skills
- Has a passion for continuous improvement
- Has the foresight to see potential issues, performance challenges and risks, and has the necessary skills to influence and negotiate with the right people to maintain performance
- Is comfortable (and resilient) working in a fluid, fast-changing environments under pressure with high levels of ambiguity
- An understanding of both the current business’s industry and emerging business, consumer and technology trends
- Prior experience of using Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.