Director – Town Planning, Development & Assurance, Open to flexible working & returners
Deloitte Real Estate redefines the concept of a real estate business, offering a breadth of capability and an innovative approach unequalled anywhere in the real estate market
Our team combines traditional property services with financial and business advisory expertise to deliver integrated solutions to the most complex financial assignments. We apply a depth of insight drawn from our understanding of all industries and sectors to advise investors, lenders, occupiers and the public sector on real estate in an increasingly complex world.
Real Estate – Development & Assurance
The Development & Assurance team comprises over 120 real estate professionals based in London and across the UK and offers a wide range of services focused around the planning and development process.
We are engaged on over £50bn worth of commercial and mixed-use development projects around the UK and provide consultancy and transaction advice to a number of sectors including; Central Government, Development Agencies, Corporates and Investors. Our services range from acquiring land for developers and occupiers, through to securing planning permissions, selling assets with development potential, onto single and multiple site joint ventures.
Our Development & Assurance team would like to build on the strength of our market leading Planning and Development business by strengthening or Town Planning business. It is envisaged that we would appoint a senior individual who would become a Director of the business and who could be based in London. They will be expected to build and lead a team in this area and forge links capitalising on the firm’s real estate and consulting business.
We are looking for an individual with a strong market presence and a track record of delivering in the Town Planning field, particularly residential and major mixed use developments in London and the south east. We believe that our existing business generates opportunities that will provide a platform for this individual to build on.
Director – Town Planning, Development & Assurance will have responsibility for:
- Building relationships with existing clients, regular communications and winning new and repeat business;
- Achieving the successful delivery of a engagements focused in the residential and major mixed use development market;
- Identifying business development opportunities and developing relationships with new clients;
- Building relationships with colleagues and articulating the team's skills;
- Delegating work to other team members and managing output;
- Writing proposals and agreeing fee arrangements;
- Strategic thinking, option appraisal and producing concise advice to clients;
- Involvement in leading negotiations;
- Building relationships with the wider Deloitte business and client network and developing cross service line propositions; and
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; and have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A leadership track record with demonstrable experience of working in a senior leadership and client facing role in private practice or client organisation;
- Experience in managing large scale projects with high-profile clients;
- Excellent client relationship building and business winning abilities;
- Self-motivated and ambitious with ability to motivate others;
- Strong communication and presentation skills; and
- MRTPI or MRICS qualified, with a degree or similar professional qualification
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application