Manager - Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestments (MA&D), Open to flexible working
Consumer Healthcare have a new role for a Manager, Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestments (MA&D) on a full-time permanent basis
As the Manager, Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestments (MA&D) you will be part of the centralised function created to provide guidance and support to our key stakeholders when accounting for major transactions including acquisitions and divestments to ensure the integrity of the Group’s reported results.
The role supports the delivery of GSK’s objective of growing and diversifying our business through acquisitions, other collaboration agreements and/or divestments to ensure continued focus on our core business. The role also is critical in delivering timely and accurate financial and management information for group internal and external reporting purposes for these types of transactions.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Establish strong working relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. Integration/Divestment project team, legal, financial advisors, corporate/business development and key GSK finance stakeholders including corporate functions, Regions, category functions and directly with the Finance Leadership Team);
- Provide guidance and support to the relevant integration/divestment team members in the delivery of key Group Reporting Requirements (e.g. monthly actuals, year-end financial, restatements, planning and forecasting, other reporting deliverables) and finance systems relevant to the transaction.
- Working to ensure all accounting controls and reporting are to the satisfaction of the Group Financial Controller, Director External Reporting & Processes and the external auditors.
- Build relationships and work effectively with third parties such as purchasers and sellers to provide or obtain relevant financial information required under the contractual requirements.
- Participate in pre-deal discussions with the corporate/business development contacts, business contacts, legal and project teams etc including review of legal contracts, TSA discussions and operating models and structure of the deal.
- Consult with Trading partners, supply chain and Group Tax to assess implications and agree the appropriate actions to undertake during transition in relation to trading and business operating models (“as-is”, transitional and “to-be”);
- Promote project governance over all transaction related activities, escalating significant issues and risks with key stakeholders/steering committee.
- Support the ongoing development and refinement of the transaction framework to improve efficiency and effectiveness
What are we looking for?
- University degree
- ACA/ACCA or equivalent
- Proven post qualified experience
- Qualified accountant with good understanding of IFRS
- Experience of Group Consolidation and Reporting essential
- Knowledge of using BISON / other Group consolidation reporting systems
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Practical PLC exposure.
- Strong numerical skills and excellent attention to detail; and
- A strong control focus is essential.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 2nd December 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Why Consumer Healthcare?
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives
Recently we’ve shared some exciting proposals with our colleagues which mark an important moment in our preparations for separation and becoming a new, standalone Consumer Healthcare company.
Our preparations are going well. GSK is on track to separate in mid-2022 and create two incredible new companies, each with the ability to improve the health of millions of patients and consumers worldwide, and both great places to work.
We’ve already confirmed that our new Consumer Healthcare company will be headquartered in the UK and the first step we’re taking is to announce proposals to move our CH business from our current location in GSK House in Brentford when we separate, into a new, CH headquarters in Weybridge. This will be a temporary, but important move in the short term, whilst we take this opportunity to design for the future and create an inspiring, flexible, collaborative workspace that meets the changing needs of our people and our business needs.
Inspired by our new culture and purpose, and with a commitment to our sustainability goals, we plan to build a new campus close by which would be home to our headquarters teams, our UK business, our global Oral Health category, R&D and innovation teams, as well as a state-of-the-art Shopper Science lab
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.