Administrative Assistant, Open to flexible working
1 day left
- Contract Type
Are you looking for a fast-paced administrative role that supports senior leadership in a global environment? If so, this Administrative Support Staff role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As an Administrative Support Staff, you will provide administrative support to senior leaders within the organization.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Responsible for full schedule management as appropriate
- Monitor internal and external correspondence ensuring appropriate reply or prompt delegation and tracking of actions in an independent manner
- Escalate necessary queries as appropriate
- Handle internal and external telephone calls in an appropriate manner
- Work with relevant internal departments and external organizations to research content to prepare correspondence and presentations
- Organize travel itineraries, liaising with internal and with external organizations
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
High School diploma or equivalent experience (ask hiring manager what the specific equivalent experience is)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Associate degree
- Advanced IT skills to include Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel, use of inter- and intranet
- Demonstrable experience in providing secretarial support to senior leadership (CEOs, CBO’s etc and their Admins) and Academia via e-mail, phone and face to face
- Excellent organisational skills with high attention to detail, including ability to handle complex travel arrangements and organise cross-site events
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.