Market Access Director, Open to flexible working
ViiV healthcare (VHC) is a pharmaceutical company focused exclusively on discovery, development and commercialisation of medicines for people living with or vulnerable to HIV, with the community central to everything that we do. We have embarked on a paradigm-changing strategy for reducing the impact of HIV on people living with HIV, which has enabled us to build a progressive portfolio of medicines. This portfolio includes innovative therapies such as two-drug regimens; long-acting injectables for both treatment and prevention; drugs for heavily treatment-experienced patients; and paediatric formulations. Our mission is to leave no person living with, or at risk of HIV, behind. #WeWontStop until we find a cure.
As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We take pride in providing access to all and continually focus on our opportunity and obligation to do more to improve inclusion and diversity: for our people inside ViiV; in the way we do business; and in the communities where we operate. We want our company to be a place where diversity of people and thought is valued everywhere and where we’re all able to be ourselves and feel a sense of belonging. We want all our colleagues to thrive at ViiV Healthcare bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
The Market Access Director is accountable for the market access strategy for the entire HIV portfolio. This is a complex role given how HIV medicines are reimbursed, with an evolving mixture of commissioning policies, health technology appraisals and a tender framework, alongside an evolving NHS structure. In addition to the national market access strategy, the Market Access Director is accountable for the local access strategy, implemented through Key Account Managers (KAMs) and for ensuring supply chain processes in partnership with GSK facilitate the availability of HIV medicines within the UK.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Accountable for the national and local market access strategy for the entire HIV portfolio
- Work alongside members of the cross functional Lead Team to ensure brand plans are cross-functional in nature, including local market access tactics
- Accountable for resource optimisation to achieve business priorities, ensuring all roles are fit for purpose and used to best effect in an evolving landscape and across all brands
- Accountable for the consideration and development of collaborative working arrangements with the NHS for the benefit of patients, the NHS and ViiV
- Represent the UK Team at the Above Country Market Access Networks, to shape strategic and tactical plans and ensure the needs and challenges of the UK business are understood, whilst sharing best practice. Build strong relationships as part of this, including managing any interplay as needed between the Global and Above Country requirements
- Accountable for understanding the market dynamics and drivers impacting the access in the UK and work with the cross functional team to adapt the UK approach as needed to ensure competitiveness and success
- Lead a team of direct reports with diverse responsibilities. You will empower, motivate, coach and work to develop a high performing team. Performance manage as needed and set clear expectations of success
- Collaborate with individuals across the business, including Marketing, Sales, Capability, Policy, Medical and GSK to understand national and local requirements and build / refine plans accordingly.
- Commercial Signatory for all local access materials, to ensure alignment with the ABPI Code of Practice. Involves close working and collaboration with Medical Signatory
- Accountable for working closely with cross functional counterparts in relation to supply forecasting, financial planning and budget management to ensure that sales and expenditure are appropriately monitored
- A member of the UK Lead Team. Expected to demonstrate leadership, help to co-create the culture within the Business Unit and take on additional projects as needed to drive forward the achievement of company priorities
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Significant experience within the pharmaceutical industry in a range of commercial roles.
- People management experience, leading, coaching and motivating teams to high performance
- Experience working on complex projects within role including product launches
- Comprehensive understanding of the UK healthcare environment, alongside regional and global context, risks, challenges and opportunities
- Ability to build and maintain strong, effective relationships with stakeholders across different functions and across different cultures and countries.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the commercial environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to develop engaging content including narratives, presentations, speeches, and video scripts for senior leaders.
- A high level of credibility and strong interpersonal skills to be able to influence senior stakeholders within the business.
- Must enjoy working in a highly matrixed team and be comfortable managing ambiguity and multiple priorities and can prioritise workload in an unpredictable environment with high personal accountability.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 1st of December 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at ViiV Healthcare bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV Healthcare does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV Healthcare's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV Healthcare. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV Healthcare. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV Healthcare. ViiV Healthcare shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.