Global Tool Innovation Lead, Open to flexible working
Consumer Healthcare have a new role for a Global Tool Innovation Lead on a full-time permanent basis
In 2022 GSK Consumer Healthcare will become a standalone company and the biggest dedicated consumer health care company in the world. The vision of delivering better everyday health with humanity relies on deep human understanding. In order to fulfil this ambition – deeper consumer and market understanding need to become a competitive advantage and we therefore need to ensure that we are at the cutting edge of our insights and analytics tools, techniques and platforms.
The Tool Innovation team within Consumer & Business Insights and Analytics (CBIA) is charged with identifying business led opportunities to drive deeper consumer and market understanding through continuously advancing the capability of our insight and analytic tools to generate and activate actionable insights for the business. The team owns a pipeline of current and future global insights & analytics tools and platforms which we provide to the business, in partnership with GSK teams like Data and Tech, and our partner vendors.
The tools and platforms need to be developed and then managed in the way that best suits the needs of the business. In 2021 we identified the need for two new completely superior insight and analytics tools and completed our initial pilots on these. This includes GSK’s Trend Spotter which has the ambition of enabling GSK to shape the future of the everyday health industry by staying ahead of the trends with the highest disruption or adoption potential. Trend Spotter MVP (minimum viable product) is a dynamic always on tool to discover, frame, monitor and prioritise trends which will rise and endure.
This newly created role will report to the Global Insights & Analytics Tool Innovation Lead. Core to the success of this role is the ability to innovate new tools, techniques and platforms aligned to business priorities, including driving further development, application and embedding of Trend Spotter.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Define, develop and deliver, innovative new insight and analytics tools, techniques and platforms (MVP’s), which provide competitive advantage and deliver value early to the business by embracing agile ways of working
- For all new insight and analytics tools, techniques and platforms (with a primary initial focus on Trend Spotter):
- Set an inspiring long-term product vision and goals, refining this when necessary to ensure that it remains future proof in light of changing business user needs, industry developments and emerging new internal and external insight and analytics tech / capabilities
- Discover and champion enterprise-wide aspirations and needs, including senior stakeholders and day to day users. Continuously gather and respond to feedback during all stages of the development cycle (from initial discovery, through proof of concept / iterative pilots, minimum viable product delivery, application and embedding) using an appropriate range of approaches (e.g. one-to-one interviews/discussions, surveys, running or participating in workshops, etc)
- Understand in detail business users (personas), business use cases and define these into clear user stories
- Identify and recommend the best build vs buy vs borrow strategy and specific delivery team, working in partnership with the Data team and Procurement to ensure long term efficiencies and cost savings
- Identify appropriate pilot markets and work in close collaboration with the BU’s (Business Units) to ensure that the approach meets their needs and can be scaled globally
- Define and agree delivery roadmap in conjunction with key stakeholders, pilot markets and the broader delivery team i.e. internal subject matter experts, the Data team and / or external best in class vendor(s)
- Work with the team to ensure that requirements are clearly defined and understood, including a clear articulation of goals for each sprint and after action reviews
- Maintain an up to date prioritised product backlog
- Propose and report on quarterly delivery objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Maintain an up to date knowledge zone on The Observatory (GSK’s Knowledge Management System and ensure all key stakeholders and users are up to date on latest and future developments (e.g. via newsletters, regular presentations, etc)
- Deliver a playbook for Business Units which details approach, deliverables, guidelines which need to be followed (e.g. specific agencies, tools etc) and example costs for Business Unit level application, negotiated in conjunction with Procurement
- Manage assigned budget and make the business case for securing additional funding where needed. Track ROI - business value and cost savings delivered
- Partner with the Transformation and Capability team and business leaders to drive application and activation into the business
- Communicate the vision, inspire and create excitement throughout the business – both in CBIA and with other stakeholder groups
- Manage, update and ensure compliance to the global market research SOP (standard operating procedure)
What are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Have a proven track record of working with stakeholders to develop new insight tools, techniques and platforms which generate actionable insights that help achieve business objectives.
- Have a proven track record of high performance, turning insights into actionable recommendations which deliver measurable business value.
- Have a full understanding of all relevant qualitative and quantitative insights and analytics approaches, tech and vendors.
- Be forward thinking: up to speed with the latest cutting-edge techniques and approaches, with a strategic appreciation of the changing landscape in the insights & analytics industry.
- Be pragmatic and structured. Prioritise what is important and challenge the unnecessary.
- Be able to adapt and respond quickly, and to establish a path and plan where one does not currently exist.
- Be open and collaborative: eager to take ownership but also to prioritise the success of the team.
- Be experienced in working on cross functional teams, across multiple markets and cultures with excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Be a clear and compelling communicator and influencer. Able to articulate your decisions and recommendations in a way that inspires buy in.
- Be empathetic with consumers, customers, and colleagues.
- Be comfortable negotiating with and managing insight & analytic vendors / agencies.
- CBIA Innovation Team and Category / Regional CBIA Teams
- Data & Tech Teams
- Research & Development
- External Insights & Analytics Vendors
Preferred experience/ Key Interfaces:
If you possess the following in addition to the above, it would be a plus:
- Be willing to challenge the status quo, proactive in bringing forward new ideas, and passionate about driving transformational change
- Be curious, with a growth mindset – willing to experiment, be creative and learn agile ways of working
- Be confident and resourceful
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 26th November 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Why Consumer Healthcare?
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.