Part time Finance Director
Our client is a start-up alternative energy business, they are looking to hire a Finance Director to join them initially on a part-time basis.
Candidates will work from home initially but the firm will be setting up an office in the Euston / Kings Cross area later this year.
Working alongside the CEO, the Finance Director will not only be an exceptional accountant and hands-on with company finances but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the business.
The Finance Director has overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the company and its strategy and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes.
Candidates will be a qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification. They will have a proactive approach to risks, especially given limited cashflow in the early months. They will have exceptional communication skills at all levels (including with potential investors) and strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies.
- Work with the senior team to grow the business, helping to formulate strategies and plans.
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Present annual accounts to investors.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, advisors, lenders and investors.
Candidates will have worked in a start-up environment in the past and have experience of both B2B and B2C business environments.
An interest or experience in the alternative energy sector would be desirable.
Salary: For 2018, all of the team are receiving a portion of their package as salary and the remainder in stock options (Package £80-100K FTE)
Location: Home based initially, moving to office in Euston / Kings Cross area later in the year
Flexibility: 2-4 days a week