Audit roles for Returners, part time, job shares, homeworking and flexible working options
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals. Our tailored and responsive approach provides the expertise our clients need, enabling them to grow and make the right decisions about their future. Now’s the time to take everything you know about audit to the next level, with our growing portfolio of clients. The constantly evolving landscape calls for an approach that puts what is right first, ahead of what is easy, and you will need to push ideas harder and ask difficult questions, giving our clients the assurance they need.
Within our Audit practice, we’re very keen to support and hire those who have had career breaks or time away from Audit, who would like to return to a busy, flexible auditing role. We have vacancies for qualified Auditors at Assistant Manager, Manager and Senior Manager levels, in all locations, all of which are open to supporting the upskilling and re-integration of returners to our business.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
As a valued member of our Audit service line, you will:
- Be responsible for a portfolio of audit clients
- Solve complex technical matters for our clients, and project manage client work
- Collaborate with your team to create the highest standard client work
- Build and maintain strong working relationship with your team and our clients
- Take opportunities for wider department responsibilities through training and pitching new projects
- Constantly strive to push yourself, and the business, further, knowing you’re supported through every stage
Knowing you’re right for us
The minimum criteria you’ll need to apply to this advert is:
- A returner to Audit (from career break or working in industry)
- A professional qualification (ACA, ICAS, CA, ACCA or CIPFA)
- Post qualification Audit experience
- Please state your location preference on your application / CV
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- Experience of managing audits in addition to dealing with complex technical matters
- Knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102
- Project management experience
- Experience of IFRS and auditing listed companies (for corporate audit only) would be beneficial
- Extensive experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.
For more details and to make an application please click "Apply"