Assistant Manager, Economic Consulting, Financial Advisory, Open to flexible working & returners
Our team applies industry leading economic analysis to address real world commercial, regulatory and policy issues for private and public sector clients. Our technical economic toolkit combined with access to Deloitte’s wider financial, strategic and industry expertise and the Global Economic Advisory network distinguish us from our competitors. Through our global reach, you will have the opportunity to work with many of the world’s largest companies, including members of the S&P500 and FTSE100, as well as government bodies across the globe. And as a member of our team, you will get the chance to actively contribute to our projects from day one, with early client exposure and active participation in developing methods and tools to serve our clients.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome. If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Our group is rapidly expanding and we are looking for Assistant Managers to join us across all of our main industry areas: Telecommunications, Media & Technology (TMT), Infrastructure (Transport, Energy & Resources), Financial Services, Public Sector and Health Economics. We deliver real value across these sectors for clients including members of the S&P500 and FTSE100, offering services in cost analysis, price optimisation, regulation, public policy, commercial finance and strategy.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The Deloitte Economic Consulting team is looking for economists at Assistant Manager level. In this role you will:
- Gain experience in a range of technical areas including economic analysis, market analysis, business modelling, strategy, policy appraisal, economic modelling, valuation and financial analysis as well as report writing and project management.
- Apply your analytical skills and economic theory to solve a varied mix of challenging and complex commercial problems across a variety of projects.
- Work in a challenging environment with like-minded people at the leading edge of economic thinking
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion in teams and with clients
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture for high profile clients where people are recognised for their impact.
- Receive continuous training and ongoing supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself
- Be based in Cambridge or London
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity, with flexible working options
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Experience or knowledge in policy response and economic analysis in the context of financial services;
- Relevant qualifications and/or post graduate qualifications in Economics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- The desire to apply analytic and economic skills to real life problems;
- Excellent skills in working within a team;
- An entrepreneurial attitude.
We take personal development seriously, offering a wide range of learning and development opportunities within a highly supportive and nurturing environment. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive - You'll receive continuous training and ongoing supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself. You will be part of an environment where excellent client service, creativity, hard work and ambition are rewarded.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application