Business Administrator, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
As the home of iconic brands such as Baileys, Guinness, Smirnoff, and Johnnie Walker, at Diageo we source, produce and deliver 6.5 billion litres of world-leading products every year across 180 markets globally. Because of this huge undertaking, we rely on highly advanced systems as well as the very best talent to make sure our businesses continue to run smoothly.
About the Role
As a Business Administrator you will provide administrative support to operations across Malt Whisky Distilling, blending, filling, disgorging, and warehousing. Duties largely focus on updating systems and completing compliance related paperwork, maintaining records ensuring sites are always audit ready, arranging samples and their transit to various other sites.
Supporting the planning and recording of the movement of upwards of 100 million litres of spirit per annum, with a focus on ensuring compliance with HMRC regulations.
- Dispatches and receipts, Warehousing, Filling, Disgorging, Whisky Blending. Ensuring compliance with all HMRC requirements and regulations
- You’ll be working closely with planners to optimise improve efficiency
- Reconciling internal processes with external planning requirements will be a required task
- The role holder will ensure accurate completion of paperwork and systems for all transactions
- Dealing and resolving with queries across Malt Distilling and Maturation is a key component of the role
- Innovate ways to improve existing processes to improve efficiency and maximise opportunities to streamline and save cost of cask handling operators
- The ideal candidate is expected to have good communication and influencing abilities to interact effectively with other operational departments on-site
- It would be beneficial to possess a HND/C or equivalent experience but not essential
- Proven planning skills is sought after
- The role will involve working closely with operations, therefore strong team working abilities is important
- You’ll be comfortable working with computer systems i.e. Microsoft Office Package
- Ability to work with little supervision and to own ability
- Good knowledge and understanding of supply chain will benefit the role holder
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
CHARACTER IS EVERYTHING