Healthcare Sales Representative - Cardiff / Bristol, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
Are you a driven sales representative or graduate looking to deliver excellent standards of value-added customer service and business management? If so, read on…
GSK have a new role for a Healthcare Sales Representative (Cardiff/Bristol) on a full-time permanent basis from beginning of 2022.
Applicants must be located in the area position advertised in to be shortlisted for next stages of application process - Otherwise please explain in your CV/Cover letter if you are looking to relocate.
As the Healthcare Sales Representative your role will be build relationships to drive Healthcare Professional awareness, advocacy and recommendation of GSK Consumer Healthcare’s brands to their patients by communicating product science and patient end benefits. To do this, you will deliver category, condition and brand education of GSK’s key therapeutic areas to UK Health Care Professionals, who you will target, and segment based on account potential and willingness to recommend.
In the role of Healthcare Sales Representative, your critical objectives will need to build strong customer relationships to deliver excellent standards of value-added customer service, business management, and demonstrate clear understanding of the needs of Healthcare Professionals and their patients. You will partner with HCPs across both the Dental and Pharmacy channels to drive advocacy of GSKs Oral Healthcare and OTC (over the counter) brands to a number of different types of HCPs including (but not limited to): Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Pharmacists and Pharmacy Assistants.
The role sits within the National ‘Expert Sales’ Field Team, within the Expert (HCP) Marketing Function – The role is therefore key to the delivery of increased market share, share of recommendation, driving volume consumption and professional endorsement of our brand portfolio within the Healthcare Professional ‘Expert Field Sales Channel’.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Customer Relationship Management
- Delivering the best-in-class educational sessions utilising all channels and platforms of engagement: face-to-face and remote, detailing, lunch & learns and larger forums, alongside with driving social media engagement in line with digital strategy.
- To deliver in-call quality on a consistent basis, measured through field visit assessments, Expert-Performance Tracking, Sales Force Effectiveness surveys as indicators.
- Maintain accurate records of calls and work completed and planned on territory through continuous and accurate use of internal systems.
- Support GSK at all relevant Exhibitions / Events / PR initiatives to drive business goals and effort priorities and work to support National Sales Team to accelerate rate of local implementation of core strategies.
- Providing continuous updates & insight of expert environment developments, including competitor intelligence, alongside with proposed improvements related to the field team ways of working and focus areas.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with grade as required which can include overnight stays, evening and weekend working, whilst ensuring strict compliance with all GSK Ethics and code of conduct policies.
- Demonstrate an awareness of NHS policies and healthcare landscape in order to support shaping long terms plans for Expert Field Team strategy.
- Ensuring alignment to GSK HCP channel, Field Sales team and wider business strategy opportunities within the complex and ever-changing HCP environment.
- Formulate and execute a business plan for the territory, ensuring the highest reach and levels of engagement with HCPs/ segmentation and targeting data
Influencing & Collaboration
- Uncover opportunities to partner with and support Dental and Pharmacy Healthcare Professionals in order to make recommendations for their patients
- Work with Practice Managers, Team Leaders and Business Owners to organise and plan group educational meetings/ ‘Lunch and Learns’ to present product and condition presentations and sample products
- Working with Account Relationship Managers (ARMs) on delivery of Joined Educational Plans (JEPs) through the most appropriate channels of face-to-face and remote delivery.
- Be a consistent ‘ambassador’ of expert field team, continuously demonstrating GSK behaviours.
- Ability to engage and reinforce commercial and/or patient benefits to all key decision makers externally and internally.
- Ensure efficient use of time and company assets to drive most efficient ways of working both internally and externally
- Delivery of individual KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) alongside with contribution towards total Field Team objectives.
Basic Qualifications and experience:
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills in front of variety audience size in both face to face and remote environment is key.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Right to work in the UK.
Preferred Qualifications and experience:
- Educated to a degree level, science preferred.
- Experience of working in a field-based HCP/commercial environment.
- Understanding and experience of Consumer Healthcare and Oral Healthcare Marketplaces/FMCG experience.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 3rd December 2021.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer. This special purpose – along with our goal of being one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies – helps us attract some of the best and brightest minds in the world.
We take pride in providing access to all and continually focus on our opportunity and obligation to do more to improve inclusion and diversity: for our people inside GSK; in the way we do business; and in the communities where we operate.
We want our company to be a place where diversity of people and thought is valued everywhere and where we’re all able to be ourselves and feel a sense of belonging. An inclusive organization where we all feel valued, engaged and supported, knowing that our work makes an important contribution to our mission. Reinforced by our clear values and expectations, it is part of our DNA. Together we achieve extraordinary things for our patients and consumers, who rely on us each and every day.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.