Financial Services - Manager, Open to flexible working
Financial Services - Manager, EY Sustainable Finance Scenarios & Financed Emissions
When the financial services industry works well, it creates growth, prosperity, and peace of mind for hundreds of millions of people. No other industry touches so many lives or shapes so many futures. At EY Financial Services, we share a single focus — to build a better financial services industry, not just for now, but for the future.
Sustainability is at the heart of our EY brand. It is at the heart of our strategy, what we value and measure and what we do every day with our clients and within our own business. We are proud to be advocates of change to make businesses across the world more sustainable because we believe in long-term value. Delivering sustainable long-term value in Financial Services means new strategies, a new approach to managing risk, new products and services and new ways of engaging stakeholders.
EY is currently working across the capital markets globally with institutional investors, banking, and insurance clients with developing strategies, designing and building innovative solutions to move forward on sustainable finance, meeting regulatory requirements and positioning for success in this rapidly evolving market. These outcomes are focused on delivering long-term outcomes for the economy, society, and the environment.
We are seeking to add a dedicated Manager to the Sustainable Finance team. S/he will be expected focus on delivering key climate insights - covering climate scenario risk assessment, financed emissions and attribution, modelling of climate impacts as well as implementation methodologies and assessment frameworks across asset classes.
S/he will be expected to make immediate contributions to EY’s understanding of climate change's impact on investment portfolios and asset allocation, to add value to client investment and lending activities. The successful candidate will be expected to provide informative and accurate analysis of how climate change impacts financial institutions, economies, sectors and industries in the context of physical and transition risks and opportunities, as well as designing frameworks for climate impact analysis.
- Performing technical analysis of (financed) emissions, costs, revenues and related data in order to inform climate change scenarios and sustainability strategies;
- Translating scientific scenarios about climate change into economic projections and implications for financial institutions under various policy scenarios;
- Producing outstanding thematic reports to educate and enhance the firm's and its clients' understanding on the impacts of climate change, including the creation of impactful materials with a keen eye for visual representation of complex and striking data and findings;
- Developing climate analytical capabilities and tools to assess physical and transition risks and opportunities;
- Collaborating with clients and internal teams on product and solutions innovation to commercialise the proprietary climate-related analysis; and support reporting on climate-related and sustainability disclosures.
Internal Stakeholder & Client Engagement
- Manage work streams to deliver key projects for our clients on the wide range of topics we work on.
- Create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership.
- Actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, consistently driving projects to completion making sure that the work delivered is industry leading.
- Work with the project heads to lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, keeping a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Working closely with colleagues, create a positive learning culture and coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
- Collaborate with colleagues outside of Sustainable Finance to deliver multi-disciplinary and cross-geographical work.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Strong academic record including a relevant degree (part or full) within a business or technical field (finance, economics, engineering, mathematics, science etc.); Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) preferred.
- Track record of success from 5+ years of relevant experience in sustainability and climate change at a blue-chip firm, consultancy, investment firm or other relevant organisation
- Experience running or contributing to a range of projects
- A strong understanding of at least one of the following areas: financial statement analysis, economic forecasting, energy system modelling, business strategy and programming skills applied to system forecasting, as it relates to financial services (banking, wealth and asset management, insurance, and/or private equity)
- Understanding of climate-related risks (transition and physical) and opportunities and commercial deployment of scenario assessment tools for portfolio-level analysis and strategic asset allocation
- Understanding of climate change science, climate transition scenarios, net zero emission strategies, low carbon transition financial mechanisms
- Familiarity with broader ESG, sustainability and climate-related disclosure frameworks and regulations is a plus.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.