Efficient Building Solutions Group
Exciting job vacancy for an environmental communications professional to join a growing purpose-led business that is committed to tackling the climate crisis by radically improving the UK's buildings.
We are looking for an outstanding environmental communicator to play a pivotal role in helping the Efficient Building Solutions group of companies lead the UK's transformation to energy efficient and sustainable buildings. We need someone who can help us communicate the group's commitment to delivering low energy homes and buildings, our knowledge-based technical expertise, and outstanding customer service.
Location: Based at the Group office at Bolster Moor in Huddersfield, with occasional visits to the Group's business units and operations in the UK. Working from home for some of the week and flexible working will be considered.
Salary: ??36,000 - 40,000 (dependent on experience)
Full time: 37.5 hours a week (Part-time hours considered for the right candidate)
Reporting to: Philip Fellowes-Prynne, CEO, Efficient Building Solutions Group
Deadline for applications: 9am Friday 10 December
Interviews: Week beginning 13 December
Efficient Building Solutions Group
The role covers a wide and interesting range of communications activities for the Efficient Building Solutions Group and its constituent companies:
- Efficient Building Solutions holding group (website pending)
- Green Building Renewables
- Green Building Store
- Low energy building consultancies (including Enhabit and Qoda )
- Creation, coordination and oversight of consistent communications guidelines for the entire Efficient Building Solutions group relating to all external and internal communications.
- Developing and implementing a communications strategy in conjunction with the marketing strategy for the Efficient Building Solutions group.
Press and PR
- Writing press releases and coordinating PR campaigns for a wide range of publications and media.
- Liaising with and supporting publications, blogs, freelance journalists to share news stories, press releasees and project case studies.
Content/ inbound marketing
- Developing a content marketing strategy, in conjunction with the Marketing Manager, to build the companies' brand awareness, reach and search engine optimisation.
- Writing content for websites, including blogs, case studies, films
- Writing content for external websites and publications
- Initiating, developing and coordinating webinars and talks across the company group.
- Designing and implementing the social media strategy for EBS, in conjunction with the Marketing Manager
- Writing company newsletters and e-shots to various target audiences
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager and the rest of the team to set and meet any relevant KPIs.
- Monitoring and measuring content marketing and social media strategy performance and effectiveness
- Maintaining awareness of Government policy relating to our products and services and communicating that around the company and to customers as appropriate
- Oversight and some copywriting of marketing materials, in conjunction with the Marketing Manager
- Helping to organise Exhibitions, Open Days and other public-facing events with external parties
- Making Award applications on behalf of all EBS companies
- Creation and oversight of internal staff newsletter and communications
- Engaging and supervising staff both internally and externally in delivery of the Communications strategy
- A strong empathy with the company's environmental ethos and vision
- Experience of working at a senior level within a communications field e.g., journalism, PR or communications
- Experience in communications around environmental and climate-related issues
- The ability to understand and communicate technical information in an accessible way
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Ability to work across all companies in the group to build knowledge-sharing networks
- Proficiency in the digital marketing tools required for the job (e.g. Hootsuite, WordPress, Google Analytics, Eventbrite)
- An understanding of Passivhaus and low energy building
- An understanding of low carbon heating and renewable technologies
- Experience of working for a purpose-led business, especially in the environmental sector
- Experience and understanding of Government policy and processes with relation to the built environment
- Experience in giving presentations and talks
- A proven track record of content marketing and search engine optimisation
- A proven track record of obtaining press coverage in targeted publications
We also place a high value on diversity and will therefore consider improving the diversity of our team in our assessment of candidates.
How to apply
Please send your CV to reflecting on the requirements listed above and include a covering letter including:
- Why you are interested in the role
- Highlighting your relevant experience, looking at the requirements listed
All applications will be acknowledged, so please call to check if no response is received. If you would like to discuss this role, please call Chayley Collis at Green Building Store on . No recruitment company enquiries, please.
Deadline for applications: 9am Friday 10 December 2021
Interviews: Week beginning 13 December 2021