Sustainability Manager (Carbon & Energy), Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Seeking a Sustainability Manager to lead responsible business activity for carbon, energy and water.
Do you have a passion for energy and sustainability, seeking to minimise the impact the Group has on the environment?
Do you bring innovative ideas and a growth mindset to the challenges you're faced with?
Do you enjoy working for a team who will invest in your own development and help you be your best?
If this sounds like you, then look no further than Lloyds Banking Group!
Group Property is responsible for keeping over 60,000 colleagues and 1800 buildings safe and operational. We look after a whole range of activities, from opening, closing and consolidating offices, refurbishment of branches, providing services like catering and security in our offices, and sustainability of our estate.
The Sustainability Team, in Future Workplace, are responsible for designing a collaborative, colleague-focussed, cost-effective and sustainable model for processes and initiatives across the Group's property services. We're leading the transformation of the property function, delivering a new operating model and ways of working with energy efficiency and carbon emissions reduction at the core of it.
The Group's ambitions in reducing its operational impact on the environment is reflected in the latest Group's climate pledges - including net zero carbon operations by 2030, 50% reduction in energy consumption by 2030 and 50% reduction in travel related carbon emissions, all vs a 2018/19 baseline. These pledges are underpinned by a roadmap of technology implementation, renewable energy sourcing and new ways of working.
In Future Workplace, we're at the forefront of the Group transition towards a greener future, and this role is responsible for leading responsible business activity for carbon, energy and water.
An expert in energy and sustainability, the Sustainability Manager (Energy and Carbon) will research cutting edge approaches to reducing the environmental impact of consumption and develop initiatives to deliver against challenging targets, being the group SME in sustainability in the built environment.
Our ideal Sustainability Manager (Energy and Carbon) will:
- Design initiatives for carbon, energy and water and facilitate the delivery of these initiatives.
- Drive strategies to reduce Group energy consumption and environmental impact in line with agreed targets
- Work in partnership with strategic suppliers on the identification and delivery of sustainability initiatives which underpin consumption and environmental targets, cultural change and responsible business priorities.
- Engage and collaborate with external sustainability bodies to develop insight and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Engage and collaborate with the wider Responsible Business functions across the Group, to forge new internal relationship and managing stakeholders at different levels.
- Champion sustainability to influence embedding across the Group as an integral element of the design process.
- Manage the for the Group's utilities and energy strategy, oversighting utilities efficiency and procurement.
- Challenge thinking to promote greater focus on colleague experience, within and across teams.
- Act as a role model for the Group's values and behaviours, supporting cultural transformation within and across teams.
- Work in partnership with the Sustainability Delivery team in Group Property to support programme roll out activities, internal budget bids and accelerating the implementation of new technologies and solutions.
To deliver this role effectively, you'll need:
- Extensive knowledge of energy management, sustainability in a corporate environment and with technical knowledge in carbon, energy and water efficiency technologies and solutions
- Have a data driven approach, be able to evaluate and promote sustainability initiatives with a commercial mindset.
- Relevant professional experience with appropriate qualification(s) in sustainability or energy management (desired but not essential).
- Understanding of key environmental metrics and calculations such as carbon footprint calculations.
- Ability to fix problems and deliver safe, sustainable solutions in partnership with multiple partners.
- Strong communication skills, with experience of engaging and influencing a broad range of audiences, both internal & external.
- Ability to simplify and present complex / technical matters to gain understanding and commitment at all levels of an organisation.
- Innovative and curious mindset, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- Experience of building strong collaborative working relationships across a divisional operating model.
This role provides the scope to work flexibly, develop personally and professionally and work collaboratively with an ambitious team to transform our colleague experience and bring to life the Group's vision of being the Best Bank for Customers & colleagues.
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.
So what can we offer you in return?
We'll reward you with excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity!
As well as a competitive salary, you'll receive:
- A Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Share Schemes
Salary advertised is based upon a London location.
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.