Senior Credit Analyst - Sustainable and Natural Resources, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Provide insightful, high quality analysis, advice and guidance in a specific area of credit risk, executing control and tailored to senior stakeholder needs. May lead a team of risk specialists and deputise for more senior colleagues
At Lloyds Banking Group, Large Corporates Credit is a core facet within the Chief Credit Office, providing essential independent and dynamic credit assessment and monitoring on a sector basis, supporting colleagues across Corporate & Institutional Coverage and Product Partners.
Lloyds Banking Group supports Corporates across the Energy value chain, and is a key influencer and supporter of our clients as they navigate the energy transition.
You'll join the Sustainable & Natural Resources Credit team, operating at the forefront of the energy transition, and will be responsible for a number of high profile corporate clients with complex and varied financing arrangements. Due to the nature of the client portfolio, the role requires frequent engagement with senior stakeholders.
You'll work in a high profile, professional and demanding environment committed to delivering core positive group values. Here's what you'll be doing...
- Conducting independent credit assessments of lending proposals and preparing reports for presentation to sanctioning officials to enable informed decisions to be made; this involves analysis of management information and of extensive commercial and financial due diligence, and the identification of key strengths and risks. Submissions include new to bank business, increased lending and annual credit reviews.
- Undertaking research using business press, credit rating and information agencies, to ensure assessments have an external dimension, and apply judgement to ensure relevant material is included when evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of a lending proposal.
- Liaising with originators, relationship managers, product partners and clients where necessary to shape credit proposals in order to maintain a balance of risk and reward and also to identify viable new business opportunities.
- Monitoring and controlling credit exposures to identify situations which may increase risk to LBG, communicating with Senior Managers and other interested parties as appropriate, as well as compliance with LBG policy and regulatory policy.
- Assisting with the production of periodic sector reviews, deep-dives and portfolio stress-testing.
- Maintaining internal records and systems to satisfy internal and external requirements, particularly relating to data quality and statutory reporting.
Most of our colleagues are based in London however we'll consider other locations.
- You will have knowledge and experience of the Energy sector, including Oil and Gas companies, Oilfield Services and Energy Commodity Traders.
- Knowledge of highly structured products and financing arrangements including Reserve Base Lending, Trade Finance and Derivatives is desirable but not essential.
- Evidence of relevant credit experience with a proven track record of consistent performance.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of the energy transition and ESG considerations.
- An inquisitive nature, independent thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and financial modelling experience (strong Excel skills are required).
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships.
- Ability to communicate with and manage multiple stakeholders effectively at all levels and across different audiences.
- Demonstrable high levels of attention to detail, numeracy and accuracy.
Want to hear more?
You'll be offered a competitive package which includes...
- a generous pension contribution and
- Flex cash to spend on a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both professionally and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel welcomed and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible!