Assistant Director / Director, Real Estate M&A, Advisory Corporate Finance, Open to flexible working
Assistant Director / Director, Real Estate M&A, Advisory Corporate Finance, Financial Advisory
The Real Estate M&A and Corporate Finance Advisory team is being setup as part of Deloitte's Advisory Corporate Finance (ACF) practice, providing independent advice and first-class execution of real estate and infrastructure advisory opportunities. The team will advise on acquisitions, divestments, buy-outs and capital raisings across the Real Estate sector, a significant number of which will be cross-border or international in nature. The team will be supported by a number of regional teams focussed on specific geographies, specialist industry teams and functional specialist teams covering areas such as valuations, business modelling and debt advisory.
Deloitte has been named the #1 Financial Advisor in Europe and Worldwide by M&A activity - 487 deals worldwide in 2020. Furthermore, Deloitte is also the most valuable “commercial services” brand in the world for the 2nd year running by Brand Finance, a leading brand consultancy, ranking ahead of all major professional service competitors.
The Real Estate M&A team will work closely with the Real Assets Advisory that provides consulting advice to public and private sector, and the Financial Investors and Institutional Tax teams that cover all the major sources of capital – Private Equity, Pension funds, Listed institutional landlord. As such, the team will have visibility across a wide spectrum of interesting real estate and infrastructure situations and access to global capital sources.
We are keen to speak to talented, ambitious individuals with relevant financial experience and an entrepreneurial mindset. The ideal candidate will have the ambition to lead a team in the future, cover clients and originate deals in real estate M&A.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Your role within this high-performance and fast-paced team will be to lead projects for clients to achieve their strategic objectives through transformational M&A transactions. There will be a wider variety of transactions to work on from M&A sellside, buyside, Joint Ventures, capital raise, restructuring or even IPO advisory and a variety of asset classes to focus on ranging from office, retail, residential, logistics, student housing and data centres.
We operate across all RE sub sectors and are seeing an uptick in real estate M&A activity driven by low rates, abundance of institutional capital changing behavioural patterns.
As an Assistant Director / Director in ACF you will be:
- Keeping tab of the latest trends in the industry, networking with clients and co-advisors and using commercial judgement to assess potential deals
- Working independently in several cases with regional and other Partners to deliver Real Estate M&A advice
- Brainstorming strategic and tactical roadmaps for clients co-ordinating across the Real Assets advisory and broader Corporate Finance teams
- Leading the deal team’s day to day management of transaction processes, including the preparation of information packs, management presentations, financial analysis and client communications
- Oversight of financial modelling, including analysing business forecasts, ensuring coordination between the model and financing term sheet, evaluating scenario analysis and covenant calculations
- Mentoring the team and building out the team culture and setting the right example as a senior team member
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional travel
Work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Real Estate M&A background either within a bank, non-bank institution or competitor debt advisory firm
- Track record of having originated and executed real estate M&A transactions
- Experience of having prepared Information Memorandums, run marketing calls and negotiated term sheets
- Experience in having led and mentored junior team members
- Experience with Financial Modelling (required)
- Good communication skills (required)
- Professional qualification (e.g. CFA, ACT is desirable)
If you are interested in working in an exciting and empowering environment we look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your application online.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application