Sr. Business Analyst - Data Acquisition, Open to flexible working
3 days left
- Contract Type
Consumer Healthcare have a new role for a Senior Business Analyst - Data Acquisition on a full-time permanent basis
As the Senior Business Analyst - Data Acquisition you will support the Consumer Health Clinical Development team to secure the acquisition, transfer, integration, sharing and access of data and documents pertaining to external and internal clinical, real world evidence and other types of studies. Responsibilities include management of user requirements, system enhancements, testing, issues plus administration of master data
The role will involve interaction with business users, as well as Technology partner to assess current state and help build future state that adds value and has a positive impact in gaining operational efficiencies to help achieve company objectives.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Support data acquisition, storage and file sharing capability, leveraging internal and external sources of data and destinations and/or repositories.
- Participate in discussions with business stakeholders to understand business requirements, document user requirements and participate in prioritizing the (Other Systems) Backlog List, in collaboration with CH Tech partner.
- Participate in close collaboration with CH Tech during sprint and release planning, incident reviews and test execution.
- Manage clinical system and administration support to business users within the CH R&D organization including Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Quality, and other business functions.
- Support Clinical Data Acquisition Manager to foster relationship with the GSM Biostats and Data Management team, the Digital Health and Devices Medical team and the Data Science team to ensure data requirements and access are supported.
- Accountable for resolving and escalating incidents, managing user requests in collaboration with Consumer Healthcare (CH) Tech team.
- Support Data Quality standards are considered and maintained through all system versions and storage locations.
- Develop important messages relevant to all levels of stakeholders, including content and plan of systems releases, issues, etc.
- Manage the preparation, maintenance, and execution of test scripts as required. Work in close collaboration with Tech on implementation and testing changes, identify on candidates for automated testing, support and verify test environment preparation and confirm that acceptance criteria have been met. Ensure GCP requirements are maintained and current.
- Support systems access and assessing any impact to systems security due to the introduction of new system features. Conduct regular access management reviews to remain in compliance with corporate security policies.
- Work with Product Owner, business process owners and vendors to identify future enhancements to the current data acquisition landscape.
- Support Audit/Assessment/Inspection readiness and participate in system internal audits and/or external inspections as needed.
- Provide input for written standards and training content specific to data acquisition and other impacted written standards and required training content.
- Work in close collaboration with clinical system business management colleagues to provide coverage across applications and assess on impact of enhancements across the clinical systems suite and non-clinical suite.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area (Computer Science / Information Management / Data Science preferred)
- Proven pharmaceutical industry experience and/or consumer goods industry knowledge
- Demonstrated cross functional understanding of the clinical research process and regulations, ICH GCP and GxP regarding systems documentation
- Proven experience in a systems operations support role within the clinical study environment with an understanding of system development life cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical trials with biostatistics and data management focus
- At proven background within validated document management systems as well as the data acquisition systems within pharma industry.
- Global clinical trial expertise with a focus on external clinical data acquisition and integration.
- Track record of success in continuous improvement, innovative work practices and driving change
- Experience of supporting multiple projects whilst working within a complex, global matrix, corporate environment
- CRO, data supplier and systems vendor management experience.
- Knowledge of SAS would be beneficial
- Veeva Clinical, document loading, EDC experience preferred
- Knowledge of laws relating to Data Privacy including GDPR/HIPAA, etc
- Knowledge of data standards including FDA CFR 21 part 11, CDISC, etc
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 6th December 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Why Consumer Healthcare?
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
Recently we’ve shared some exciting proposals with our colleagues which mark an important moment in our preparations for separation and becoming a new, standalone Consumer Healthcare company.
Our preparations are going well. GSK is on track to separate in mid-2022 and create two incredible new companies, each with the ability to improve the health of millions of patients and consumers worldwide, and both great places to work.
We’ve already confirmed that our new Consumer Healthcare company will be headquartered in the UK and the first step we’re taking is to announce proposals to move our CH business from our current location in GSK House in Brentford when we separate, into a new, CH headquarters in Weybridge. This will be a temporary, but important move in the short term, whilst we take this opportunity to design for the future and create an inspiring, flexible, collaborative workspace that meets the changing needs of our people and our business needs.
Inspired by our new culture and purpose, and with a commitment to our sustainability goals, we plan to build a new campus close by which would be home to our headquarters teams, our UK business, our global Oral Health category, R&D and innovation teams, as well as a state-of-the-art Shopper Science lab