Assistant Director, Structured Finance - Flexible working, homeworking, returners
The Debt & Capital Advisory team is an integral part of Deloitte's Financial Advisory practice, providing independent advice and world class execution across the full spectrum of debt markets through the Firm's global network.
Deloitte Debt & Capital Advisory is a team of 200 debt professionals globally, with ~100 within the UK, making them one of the largest teams operating in the UK and almost certainly the largest globally.
In any given year, in the UK Deloitte Debt & Capital Advisory close circa. 100 transactions, across privately held corporates, private equity backed corporates and PLCs. The deal flows the team are exposed to give them a good read on what is available within the debt markets and where best to source capital. The business has grown at roughly 20% per year every year since inception twelve years ago and has maintained the original ‘start-up' mentality throughout that period.
We are seeking to expand and are interested to speak to talented individuals with a background in structured finance and an interest in learning how to support clients with transactions.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Your role within this exciting team will be to assist clients achieve their structured funding objectives which will incorporate a wide range of debt engagements including the issuance of new transactions, advice on optimal capital structures, refinancing, and restructuring existing debt facilities.
For further information about the Debt & Capital Advisory team please see our website.
We operate across all sectors and we are currently looking for a Senior Manager.
As a Senior Manager in the Debt & Capital Advisory team you will be:
- Working on a range of structured finance and asset backed lending projects incorporating regular interaction with clients, investors, advisors and other service lines
- Assisting clients with a wide range of transaction related services, including the preparation of information packs, management presentations, data analysis and client communications
- Supporting clients with understanding various aspects of the securitisation and asset backed lending sector, including regulatory requirements, market trends and providing guidance on interactions with key stakeholders such as investors, rating agencies and transaction service providers
- Performing data analysis and financial modelling, assessing loan portfolio information and historical performance data and performing bespoke analysis in support of transactions
- Collaborating with and co-ordinating team members day-to-day activities
- Identifying and leading on new business development opportunities
- Supporting team members in learning new skills and progressing their professional development
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in the Deloitte London office; however the role may also involve travel and will require the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal.
We specify full mobility for our financial advisory roles, but we make arrangements respectfully. Working from home days are available and flexible depending on clients, deadlines, and projects.
Work pattern: Permanent full-time but we do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Your professional experience
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant debt capital markets experience, preferably in structured finance and/or asset backed lending
- Leadership and management experience
- A commitment to delivering an exceptional service to clients, with an ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships
- A detailed understanding of structured finance markets, including aspects such as asset pool analysis, structuring, market dynamics, rating agency analysis, The Securitisation Regulation and Simple, Transparent and Standardised (STS) criteria
- Excellent numeracy skills with keen attention to detail and an ability to absorb and analyse large amounts of data and information quickly
- Perfect fluency in oral and written English
- A sound commercial acumen
- An in-depth understanding of UK financial markets and debt-related products
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated project management and organisational skills
- Ability to undertake detailed technical and commercial analysis for inclusion in reports and presentations to external parties
- The presence and self-confidence to lead business development activities and influence stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to develop, coach and motivate junior members of the team
If you are interested in working in an exciting and empowering environment, we look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your application online.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients, and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size; it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem-solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application