Studio Administrator, part time - 20 hours per week
We need someone who can help us make the studio tick.
This role needs to work across the business supporting all of the team to do their best work every day. From helping projects to run smoothly, supporting our financial management, through to day-to-day activities to run the studio. You'll work with our project managers to look across the resourcing on each project, feeding information back to the management team on spend & budget.
The role needs to form close working relationships with all of the team managing projects. You will need to work very closely with our Finance Manager as many of the duties are shared; you will also report directly to them. You'll also work closely to support the management team in running the business.
The role is part time and could be set-up, in terms of working time, to really suit a parent who needs to work around school hours.
What is working at Mima like? We’re a close team of about 30. We have a pretty open, transparent and flat culture. Work/life balance is super important – there is no long hours culture here.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Raise sales invoices; credit control / chasing debtors
- Supporting project leaders inc running reports on progress & resourcing
- Administering our suppliers including freelancers
- Expenses & company credit card processing
- Project admin support (e.g. booking trial participants, printing, courier booking, etc)
- Studio admin covering phones, post, supplies, travel booking, visitor welcome etc
- Support wellbeing of our team through some of our support services
- Carbon offset and other environmental measures
- Administering CPD/performance appraisal system + new staff induction
- Social event organisation
- Ad Hoc support to Finance & Payroll Manager
- Ad hoc support to Directors and team
- Support to Head of Marketing including tracking of budget spend
- Would suit a good administrator with basic finance skills/experience
- Business Administration qualifications desirable
- Excellent time management, organisational, reporting and team management skills
- Energetic self-starter that enjoys getting stuck in and finding solutions
- Curious and approachable, with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven experience with project/resourcing management software (we use CMAP). Fully proficient in usual office software such as MS Office, Word, Excel, Mail etc.
Experience (nice to have!)
- Previous experience in a similar kind of design agency would be great
- Experience of project management & working with creatives very useful
- Good operational experience in small businesses would be useful
- Some experience of around HR would be good too
The role is based in the studio in Second Home (which is just off Brick Lane in Spitalfields) although some limited home working is possible - and we are pretty flexible when things arise.
We want the role to work across ideally 4-5 days per week - this could be 4 hours a day (eg. 10am to 2pm) x 5 days, or could be more on some days, with shorter days too.
Salary £25-30K pro rata
Benefits include private healthcare, company pension, 25 days holiday, profit share bonus and Second Home membership.
If this sounds like the ideal role, we'd love to hear from you so please apply with your CV and covering letter.