Manager or Associate Director, CMC Regulatory Affairs, Open to flexible working
Are you a professional with CMC Regulatory Affairs experience looking to expand and grow in your career? We’re seeking a highly motivated, self-driven and enthusiastic Regulatory Affairs professional to join our Biopharm CMC Regulatory Affairs Group. At GSK, our Biopharm CMC regulatory affairs group is responsible for a portfolio of biopharmaceuticals and Cell & Gene Therapy products. This role requires you to interact across all the functions of Global Regulatory Affairs to ensure global approaches and strong connectivity. You will play a key part in GSK’s commitment to making a difference to patients’ lives enabling them to Do More, Feel Better and Live Longer. If this sounds exciting, this Manager, CMC RA could be an ideal role to pursue.
As a Manager, Biopharm CMC Regulatory Affairs, you will direct the CMC regulatory activities of multiple projects and dosage forms. As an example of current projects in the team include working on marketing authorisations for Oncology and COVID-19 products.
This role can be based at our sites at Ware, Hertfordshire or at Upper Providence, Pennsylvania, USA, however this role will interact across our global network.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Manage the global CMC regulatory activities for multiple projects/teams simultaneously and respond readily to changing events and priorities.
- Strategy development and creation of CMC submission documents from early phase clinical submissions through to marketing applications and lifecycle activities.
- Understand, interpret and advise teams on regulations, guidelines, procedures and policies relating to development, registration and manufacture of new pharmaceutical products, to expedite submission, review and approval of global CMC applications.
- Represent Global CMC Regulatory, on Regulatory Networks and Matrix Teams providing strategic direction and guidance to Preclinical Development (PCD), Biopharm, Pharma Supply Chain (PSC), Clinical Supplies, Commercial, Quality Assurance, 3rd Party Contract Management and Global Regulatory and Quality (GRQ) on both global project and key strategic business initiatives.
- Maintain high quality standards and seek to raise levels of performance through continuous improvement and an innovative approach in responding to the evolving regulatory environment.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree in biotechnology, chemistry, pharmacy or closely related science
- Experience with drug development and manufacturing and supply processes.
- Experience and working knowledge of worldwide CMC regulatory requirements.
- Experience managing and directing multiple projects/teams.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Successfully influenced and negotiated issues with regulatory agencies and GSK personnel in a variety of settings.
- Experienced in supervising and training junior staff and the ability to motivate and lead others.
- Ability to find innovative solutions to complex problems and involvement in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Continued professional growth in global regulatory affairs including communication of evolving/emerging trends and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex global CMC issues through continuous change and improvement
- Biologics experience
- CMC Marketing experience
Interested in joining the team?
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
If this role is not for you, we are sure that you know great talent and so we ask that you please share this vacancy with your external network. If you successfully refer someone to GSK you may be eligible to receive a cash bonus as a reward.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.