Director, Consulting, Business Consulting- Digital Finance - CPR sector, Open to flexible working
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Are you passionate about supporting organisations to set-up and improve their Global Business Services (GBS) through enterprise performance management, digital innovation, and developing creative solutions?
Digital Finance Consulting works with clients to address mission critical issues for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), creating value and delivering world-class future finance capabilities, leveraging the EY brand as impartial, trusted advisors.
You will work in multi-disciplinary teams for some of the biggest and most recognised corporate brands in the world, applying the latest technologies and analytical methods, to help drive their business performance and digital finance transformation agendas that make a real difference to our working world.
A growth area for us is Digital Finance within the Consumer Products and Retail Sector – supporting companies in either taking their first steps to understand what digitisation means for their finance function or delivering greater efficiency and effectiveness with a move to cloud ERP or delivering automation We support our clients across the full lifecycle of the finance digitisation journey, including:
- identifying areas of opportunity
- developing the digital finance strategy and roadmap
- building the business case for change
- designing the future operating model, including the organisation structure and redesigned standardised processes
- supporting technology implementation and delivering automation
- monitoring and sustaining business benefits
You will also support in developing new business opportunities, including originating sales, running proposals, pitching for new work, and act as a focal for internal initiatives.
Your key responsibilities
You will build relationships at senior levels within client organisations, working with them to understand their most critical business problems and priorities, consulting with your EY peers to evaluate, design, and deliver solution options that leverage cutting edge technologies.
You will motivate and manage high performing diverse teams, aligned to EY’s values. delivering exceptional client service preparing our clients for a digital future.
Skills and attributes for success
We are looking for professionals who are great communicators, team players, relationship builders with a real desire to learn.
Professional in your approach, you will have a natural ability to establish personal credibility with clients. You will also be highly organised, capable of coordinating your own workload and that of other team members, meeting deadlines, proactively managing risks and delivering quality outcomes.
A role model to those around you, you will live the values of the Firm daily, coaching and supporting the development of others.
You are expected to have technical knowledge and experience to have delivered digital finance programmes within the Consumer Products and Retail Sector, including:
- Experience of working with large Consumer Products and / or Retail clients in GBS
- Clear thought leadership around the challenges affecting the sector eg move to direct to consumer for CPG or move away from stores to online for retailer
- Understanding of Cloud ERP & Cloud Solutions across the Finance value chain
- Standardising, simplifying and automating processes and controls
- Experience of having run large Technology enabled Finance programmes with data at the core.
- Understanding of key Finance processes such as Financial Close / Intercompany (RTR) & Finance Operations (AP and AR)
- Key understanding of Budgeting, Planning and Forecasting process redesign & understanding of the data and systems that underpin them and how to manage deployment
- Identifying business opportunities and risks and shaping information and analytical solutions
- Understanding of the role that Intelligent Automation can play in Finance and the benefits it can bring.
It is helpful if you understand and apply relevant technologies such as:
- ERPs (e.g. SAP, Oracle, MS Dynamics)
- Service Management Tools (e.g. ServiceNow)
- Blackline / Trintech
- RPA / Intelligent Automation technology
- PB&F or Consolidation technology (SAP, Oracle, Anaplan)
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A valid and certified professional accounting qualification
- Experience of business development and solution design for complex multi-national businesses
- Expert proficiency in Consumer Products and Retail Sector
- Experience of delivering large-scale digital finance programmes
- Proven ability to engage, manage and build senior relationships
- A track record of pipeline management and conversion into Sales and Revenue generation
Ideally, you'll also have experience of:
- A background in management consulting or have delivered multiple large scale Digital finance /cloud ERP programmes in industry
- Ability to create solutions to technical problems
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to storyboard and create high quality outputs
- Excellent problem solving, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Track record of line managing professional services staff, including coaching and developing staff
What we look for:
- Core consulting skills: client management, analysis, presentation and facilitation, commerciality
- Technical skills: strong technical insight, practical knowledge and capability in your specialist field
- Versatility: proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
- Market / sector knowledge: demonstrable market/sector expertise in your field
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.