Senior Consultant/Manager, Investment Management, Open to flexible working
Senior Consultant/Manager, Investment Management: Conduct and Risk Management Frameworks, Risk Advisory
In a world that is constantly changing, organisations need to adapt quickly to This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's market-proven Non-financial Risk advisory team.
You will develop an impressive range of commercial consulting skills that will multiply your career options. Benefiting from early client exposure and collaborating with some of the top practitioners in the field, you will be involved in some of the largest, most complex and innovative advisory engagements in the UK and internationally.
Our Non-financial Risk team offers unrivalled depth of experience in providing solutions based on our client needs. We design, implement and provide assurance over business processes to manage the non-financial risks our clients face on a day-to-day basis. In addition, we help clients better conduct their activities with customers and clients at the heart of what they do.
Our Financial Services clients are being driven by regulatory pressures, the need to do ‘more with less' and increasingly a desire for a more integrated approach to non-financial risks.
They look to our professionals to help them achieve that aim, efficiently and with an unrelenting focus on their needs.
We are seeking a candidate with a background in Investment Management, who can demonstrate a track record of subject area knowledge in Conduct or Risk Management Frameworks within Investment Management, relationship building and a desire to gain experience and progress their career.
Your focus will be on providing innovative solutions to our clients across non-financial risk and will contribute to our ambitious growth plans for our team and propositions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Liaison with clients both face to face and remotely.
- Fieldwork, planning and execution of work tasks to support Engagement Team's project based work.
- Working to tight deadlines, often requiring prioritisation of numerous activities and requirements.
- Analysis of client current state practices versus our industry experience and market-leading benchmarking tools
- Research and analysis related to Investment Management and other non-financial risk projects, business development and thought leadership where appropriate.
- Working in multi-discipline teams; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London or Bristol with occasional domestic and international travel
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity.
Your professional experience
- A good understanding of the FCA rulebooks, in particular COBS and SYSC
- Knowledge of effective governance structures, risk assessments and management reporting
- Good knowledge of products used in the Investment Management sector, including different fund types, structured products and portfolio management techniques
- Excellent communicator; comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver effectively with what can often be ambiguous requirements.
- Able to work independently to conduct research and review key documentation
- Proven planning and project management skills.
- The ability to travel to client sites as required by this position.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Your service line: Risk Advisory
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to grow responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application