HR Business Partner, Open to flexible working
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding diverse collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Purpose of Role
This role encompasses business partnering support for the four most critical D&T sub-functions: strategic planning & business relationship management, project delivery, enterprise architecture, commercial transformation. The role also independently leads the global D&T HR initiatives as part of D&T talent strategy in close partnership and collaboration with D&T LT and HR COEs.
- Build and deliver multi-year talent and capability building plans to ensure diverse and competitively advantaged talent pipelines
- Independently coach and counsel senior L3+ leaders across supported areas
- Partner with the key business stakeholders to build high performing teams, improve line managers capabilities
- Play key role in development and lead execution of enhanced resourcing strategy and target capability model including embedding agile principles and methodologies
- Lead global Organisation Effectiveness and change initiatives by translating the business strategy and pulling the levers of capability, process, ways of working, structure, culture, talent to deliver the outcomes for the function. This will also require close collaboration with the global CoE’s and Finance BP’s.
- Lead initiatives to drive cultural change and greater engagement
- Deliver diversity and inclusion agenda and interventions
- Maintain effective end-to-end HR support to deliver business requirements in co-operation with Learning and Development, Resourcing, Reward and Payroll and other HR business partners
- Support employee relations & case management across multiple Diageo locations – I.e. performance management, grievance & disciplinary, consultation & redundancy etc.
- Ability to navigate a global matrix organisation
- Experience in working successfully with leaders and key stakeholders – able to build relationships, coach, influence and challenge
- Ability to use “HR data”, analysing to measure impacts, assess OE plans, diagnose trends and link to business performance outcomes.
- Ability to diagnose capability gaps and translate into the levers – learning, culture, process, ways of working and behaviours
- Change and project management skills (including influencing change)
- Talent management experience and good talent judgement – ability to assess talent gaps, and orchestrate the actions needed to strengthen the talent bench
- High level of learning agility and external orientation
- Experience and knowledge in talent and organization development for digital and tech capabilities
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.