Payroll Product Owner, Open to flexible working
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
As Payroll Product Owner, you are accountable for operational effectiveness of enterprise-wide global business processes within payroll to drive business benefit and continuous improvement. You will also lead and manage all aspects of time and payroll functions, ensuring compliance, statutory filing deadlines and internal management reporting requirements, liaising with payroll vendors, Finance and HR functions as appropriate, and support the administration of benefits and time & attendance processes.
Operations, Process Improvement and Maintenance:
- Lead the Payroll and T&A team to deliver the Payroll process for all business units to ensure employees are paid timely and accurately through compliant process, and that payroll processes are compliant to GSK’s payroll minimum standards – put in mitigation plans to close any gaps
- Works towards standardizing processes across countries - including maintaining the new CH Payroll Standard Operating Procedure for each country, and responsible for managing payroll administration service providers/vendors in all countries – that they are paid on time, contracts reviewed and updated, proactively look for opportunity to select and consolidate to regional vendor and crisis continuity plan tested annually
- Ensure that Payroll Interface with Workday is working and configured correctly for all countries. Have process in place to update information to align systems in anticipation of issues
- Ensure the process framework is sustainable by monitoring adoption and adherence, triggering appropriate interventions where required
- Escalation point for all HR enquiries pertaining to pay and benefits admin related enquiries
- Ensure all key business processes and policies are recorded and maintained accurately within Global SOPs (including any local variations), and own training and support materials (user self-help content)
Strategy, plan and compliance:
- Support long-term enterprise-wide process vision, strategy, objectives and performance goals in line with business and Tech strategies, operating model required to effectively execute process, and set up and run governance mechanisms at tactical and strategic levels
- Documentation of process and controls operating in external vendors, making sure they are operating controls as documented by conducting regular service reviews, including: KPI & service metrics, contract compliance, issues, data breaches with GSK or other clients, high staff turnover
- Define capability (technical and behavioural) requirements for area and continually assess internal and external benchmark and best practice trends
- Regular audits and reporting to stakeholders, ensuring data accuracy between Workday & Payroll. Run monthly reconciliation process and review reconciliation differences, analyse root causes and implement improvement actions ensure alignment between WD and Payroll; reconciliation must be a reviewed to check differences and not a validation before payment
- Consult with the business to define, manage and improve business rules, standard policies and procedures (for process, data, system and service), controls, key performance indicators (KPIs), service level agreements (SLAs), system roles, target operating model and supporting organisational design
- Supports all internal/external audits pertaining to pay related activities. Ensures country compliance/ regulation adherence on payroll.
- Partners with Rewards team to implement the Benefits policies as designed by Rewards. Shared feedback with Rewards if relevant on Benefits design enhancements
- Partner with HR Risk to mitigate risks within global processes and respond to incidents or breaches
- Partner with Tech and third-party vendors where required on system management including product enhancement, new features, configuration requirements and backlog prioritisation
- Periodically report on Service Delivery, gather feedback from the business to identify systemic issues and optimise processes as needed
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 15th December
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experienced and expertise in payroll, in particular in transformation programmes, with global coverage, shared service/matrixed environment
- Familiar with payroll systems, systems orientation and ERP, strong project management and leadership capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Workday and ServiceNow experience
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Agile business product owner
- PRINCE2 Project Management
- Lean Six Cigma Green or Black Belt
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
New Consumer Healthcare HQ:
Recently we’ve shared some exciting proposals with our colleagues which mark an important moment in our preparations for separation and becoming a new, standalone Consumer Healthcare company.
Our preparations are going well. GSK is on track to separate in mid-2022 and create two incredible new companies, each with the ability to improve the health of millions of patients and consumers worldwide, and both great places to work.
We’ve already confirmed that our new Consumer Healthcare company will be headquartered in the UK and the first step we’re taking is to announce proposals to move our CH business from our current location in GSK House in Brentford when we separate, into a new, CH headquarters in Weybridge. This will be a temporary, but important move in the short term, whilst we take this opportunity to design for the future and create an inspiring, flexible, collaborative workspace that meets the changing needs of our people and our business needs.
Inspired by our new culture and purpose, and with a commitment to our sustainability goals, we plan to build a new campus close by which would be home to our headquarters teams, our UK business, our global Oral Health category, R&D and innovation teams, as well as a state-of-the-art Shopper Science lab.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.