Head of IS Services - Open to flexible working
The Head of IS Services is responsible for the end-to-end management of the IS services covering Managed Services, Application Support and Cybersecurity. This includes the overall effectiveness of the IS Service operations including and ensuring a focus on customer experience and achieving agreed levels of customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for defining and delivering IS services to agreed service levels, standards, strategies and within budget
- Accountable for building and managing he appropriate capability Managed Service, Application Support and Cybersecurity
- Facilitates production of a yearly Service Plan and associated budget
- Responsible for the planning, management and development of an effective IS Service team and culture
- Principle system owner of the IS Services operational systems (eg: Helpdesk, Ticketing).
- Accountable for managing the Tideway applications estate including bespoke SharePoint Online solution
- Accountable for monitoring, managing and coordinating the end-to-end impact assessment, development, test and implementation of live changes across outsource suppliers to ensure minimal disruption to live service.
- Ensuring that impact of any new business solutions/technologies on the live environment is thoroughly evaluated and minimises service disruption
- Ensures that deployment of new business solutions/technologies into the live environment by suppliers is managed and successful.
Supplier and Vendor Management:
- Undertake regular service reviews with IS Service Owners and IS Supplier Management providing concise and accurate supplier performance reporting.
- Proactively analyses supplier service trends and recommends service improvements
- Responsible for ensuring effective Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery procedures, process.
- Significant and recent experience of managing both outsourced IT environments also internal IT support (ideally DevOps) teams
- Significant IT vendor management experience
- Experience of managing and continuously improving an IT Service function, processes and governance
- Good working knowledge of infrastructure and Office365, Windows desktop technologies.
Skills and competencies:
- Credible and authoritative communicator with the ability to successfully lead teams
- Professional knowledge of Service Delivery (supported by accreditation)
- Delivery or provision of service of, IT applications and infrastructure
- Good problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills, with the ability to determine the approximate impact of each issue quickly
- Strong influencing skills, with the ability to positively work with stakeholders and drive debate to identify and address issues
- Excellent people management and delegation skills, with the ability to plan and prioritise.
- Private Medical Insurance
- 30 days leave
- Matched Contribution Pension Scheme
- Company Bonus
- Flexible working
Please apply with your CV and covering letter via the application method below.
River Thames is at the heart of London, but in recent years it has often been overlooked.
Tideway launched in August 2015 with one task: delivering a new tunnel to protect the River Thames from the tens of millions of tonnes of sewage pollution discharged into it every year, via the capital’s overstretched Victorian sewer network. The Thames Tideway Tunnel is one of the largest construction projects of its type in Europe. Main construction work started in 2016 and the project will take up to seven years to complete.
Tideway offers a wide range of careers and is looking for people to join its dedicated and talented team. With an inclusive culture, excellent benefits package and flexible working options Tideway is a great place to work.