Contract Manager, Europe, Part-time (22.5hrs a week), Homeworking
5 days left
- Contract Type
Does helping leading organisations achieve world-class performance sound exciting? Well keep reading, because Competitive Capabilities International (CCi) is looking for a seasoned Contract Manager to join our Europe team.
About Competitive Capabilities International (CCi)
At CCi, our mission is to help build efficient and sustainable organisations that empower people to do their best work. With our continuous improvement platform and digital applications, we help businesses unlock greatness in everyone on the journey to world-class performance.
CCi has a 35-year track record of helping leading organisations build competitive capability through maturity-based best practice implementation. We are immensely proud of our continuous improvement solution, TRACC, which has transformed over 3000 supply chains in more than 75 countries.
About this role
The Contract Manager will be responsible for establishing, executing and adherence to a high-level contract strategy. The position will work closely with the European Leadership team to identify commercial opportunities and risks, allowing for planned interventions and maximizing future business opportunities. The Contract Manager will be responsible for the implementation of European contract governance and policy.
This role is a part time (22.5 hours a week role which can be worked over 3-5 days). This is a remote / homebased role with limited travel (up to 20%). We are keen to work around the successful applicants life commitments, work-life balance is important to us at CCi, over half the team in Europe are already working part time. Location ideally in Manchester, London, the Home Counties or Central Scotland but can be based anywhere in the UK.
With this in mind, you will make an impact by:
- Creating a high-level contract strategy for the Europe region. Own and drive the implementation of this strategy. Support Business Development to deliver opportunities to extend CCi’s current offering and maximize continued sales opportunities across the product range and geography of offering with existing clients
- Being Responsible for contract governance, adherence to CCi Contract Policies (Eg. Work for Hire, Payment terms, Pricing, IP Protection, etc.) Continuously champion revisions and improvements to the contract policy, procedures, and templates to be used for commercial agreements engaging with relevant key internal stakeholders e.g Business Development Director, Key Account Managers and seeking legal advice from CCi external providers on a case-by-case basis
- Reviewing commercial client templates and documents to ensure compliance with CCi contract policies.
- Supporting the Key Account Managers, Business Development Director and Regional Management when requested with negotiating directly with clients to ensure successful completion of contracts and legal documents
- Monitoring contracts by maintaining a contracts database, identifying, maintaining and reporting on “key” meta data points of the Europe Contracts to guide the organization to make the best commercial decisions and anticipate legal and commercial requirements
- Generating a sound understanding of the business case and has an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit & loss implications relative to contract terms
- Providing contractual domain expertise in implementation, execution, and administration
- Being responsible to correlate and report on strategy to optimize client contract terms with respect to budgeting and forecasting revenue
- Providing contract expertise and support to key account managers to proactively identify and respond to changing client needs
- Ensuring all new clients T&C’s are captured in the necessary systems
- Proactively manage CCi Partnerships by completing regular contract reviews with partners to ensure relationships are adding value to both partners. Complete all contract administration associated with partnerships. Provide input into selection of potential new partners based on our existing partnerships
- Independent Contractor Database management, keep an up to date database of all Independent Contractors start/expiry dates, type of contract, rates etc, proactively share contract end dates with Operations Director and People & Culture Partner to allow for proactive renewals prior to expiry dates
- Reviewing legal compliance of all European Independent Contractor contracts in Europe, working with external legal providers on an as needed basis to ensure we are compliant with the countries in which we operate
- Updating Independent Contractor Contracts to reflect legal changes across Europe
- Managing new IC Contracts, follow CAN document process with Finance to start new Independent Contractors, issuing NDA document and Independent Contract Agreement to People & Culture Partner
- Being responsible for establishing regional legal budget and keeping costs within budget
In order to excel in this role, you will need:
- BA/BS or AA/AS in Business Administration, Economics, Communications, Engineering, or related field strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in business management and/or contracts management roles
- Deep understanding of contract composition, contract governance, contract negotiation strategy, IP Protection and contract lifecycle management
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to research and understand legal and financial implications
- Previous experience negotiating and executing SOWs, contracts and legal documents
- Business acumen, legal risk analysis, financial analysis and legal reporting experience
- Experience in business development, sales, account management or client services with a demonstrated track record of building and maintaining relationships with client decision makers outside the company is preferred
- Understanding of continuous improvement and operations is preferred
- Understanding of supply chain is preferred
- Effective communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels outside and inside the company
- Exceptional attention to detail, and talent for accuracy and precision
- Superior reading, writing and language skills
- Excellent presentation, teambuilding, and leadership skills
- Proven ability to problem solve and manage conflict
- Ability to perform in a complex cross-functional business environment
- Possess a global perspective of the business environment and technology
At CCi we welcome diversity, in your role as Contract Manager you will support Europe across a number of countries, languages and cultures. You will also work with our Central team who are based in Cape Town, South Africa. We are proud of our Global offering and work to continue to evolve our diverse team allowing us continued inclusion. We value each individual voice encouraging curiosity and collaboration. We welcome all applications and will consider any reasonable adjustments in order to support candidates to perform as well as possible during the recruitment process.