Insurance Risk & Regulatory Advisory, Senior Manager, Financial Services, Open to flexible working
EY's Financial Services practice is a unique industry-focused business unit that provides a broad range of integrated services to financial institutions and other capital markets participants, including commercial banks, investment banks, broker-dealers, asset managers, insurance and energy trading companies.
EY UK’s Insurance Risk & Regulation Team works across the insurance market on a broad range of engagements with a diverse portfolio of clients, delivering consultancy services and support in risk and compliance matters.
The Insurance Risk & Regulation Team focusses on delivers sustainable benefits to our clients though enhancing business decisions based on improved and effective risk and compliance management.
Our objective is to be market leading in supporting the delivery of the CRO and CCO’s agenda. Accordingly, the Insurance Risk Team look to offer both breadth and depth in all Compliance and Risk Management initiatives; ranging from providing advice on a specific element of the Conduct and Risk
Management Frameworks in more detail, through to delivering a full Risk and Compliance Transformation programmes for the client, collaborating with multiple EY Teams.
As a Senior Regulatory Risk Manager, typical engagements you can expect to be involved in include designing, enhancing or reviewing:
- Compliance Target Operating Model
- Compliance Monitoring
- Conduct frameworks
- Control frameworks
- Governance arrangements
- Complaint handling
- MI & Reporting
- Compliance and Risk Management Culture
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Play a significant role in the delivery of our engagements to Insurance clients through the articulation of EY findings, conclusions and recommendations in writing or verbally based on a deep understanding of regulatory requirements to the insurance market
- Take responsibility for engagement planning and management on a day to day basis
- Act as day to day lead on client site, managing teams where required
- Identify additional opportunities for EY to perform advisory services to their clients
- Own the analysis of emerging issues, the articulation of an EY point of view and the development of an EY proposition on agreed topics
- Where needed, lead the proposals process for new client opportunities
- Develop client relationships and utilise your network to identify opportunities for EY to perform additional services
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support and updating senior members on progress
- Mentor staff and conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
We are looking for individuals who have a proactive attitude and are seeking the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Knowledge and experience of Compliance Frameworks in Insurance
- Business consulting experience, with excellent client liaison and communication skills as well as commercial awareness
- Ability to develop new business opportunities for Insurance Regulatory & Risk to deliver
- Strong project management experience ideally relating to compliance and risk projects in insurance businesses
- Ability to work in a client facing and consulting role, with the ability to build networks and relationships
- There will be opportunity to travel in this role and to work across borders, if sought by the candidate
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Typically, 8+ years’ experience of working within a General and/or Specialty Insurer’s Regualtory Risk / Compliance Team OR 8+ years’ experience of delivering these services for another Advisory firm
- Strong academic background at least a 2:1 within a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent
- Experience of managing and developing people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring will be required.
- Up to date knowledge of the regulatory environment impacting Insurers, ideally London Market firms
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for report writing and client presentations
- Ability to prioritise and challenge
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!