Senior Executive (Manager) , Restructuring Financial Services, Open to flexible working
EY’s EMEIA Financial Services Transactions Advisory Services team now comprises over 300 people across a number of territories. As part of this larger team, the EY Financial Services Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy team (“FSO TRS”) is recognised as a market leading advisor of loan portfolio, resolution planning and insolvency services. The team has advised countless European banks, regulators and governments in connection with crisis and stressed bank restructuring and resolution situations whilst also assisting global private equity firms in their acquisition of distressed portfolios across every major asset class.
Given the success and healthy pipeline of opportunities identified, the FSO TRS team is looking to expand via the hiring of exceptional individuals to lead the delivery of complex client assignments in the field of resolution planning and bank restructuring, operational improvement and NPL management, buy-side acquisition and sell-side disposal work. You shall be responsible for providing practical, actionable advice ranging from how to develop capabilities for resolution planning, support distressed financial institutions restructuring, to improving the performance of non-performing loans and how to structure an organisation, to how the transformation of operations and teams could help to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of NPL management. On the resolution planning and bank restructuring you will be supporting the engagement managers in all aspects of the assignment including the analysis, project management and presentation of EY work.
- The role has, as its focus, the resolution planning and restructuring. The candidate should also be able to apply their skills in the context of a demerger or carve-out, and the following requirements should be read accordingly:
- Provide operational restructuring advice to clients: Understand and advise a client on business strategy and the key business drivers.
- Deliver tangible performance improvements through the implementation of organisational enhancements.
- Lead project teams to plan, prepare and present deliverables in various forms (including written reports, presentations and discussions with the client).
- Contribute to analysis, modelling and monitoring of Recovery and Resolution planning. Co-ordination of deliverables. Partner with client’s teams to execute against key regulatory deliverables.
- Support with the production of playbooks for resolution planning
- Preparing materials for and participating in client workshops
- Independently handle ad hoc analyses
- Establish and maintain client relationships: Establish credibility and presence with board level executives and engage with them as a peer to debate operational and strategic issues.
- Work closely with and understand the capabilities of EY and specifically Strategy and Transactions and look for opportunities to sell additional services to our clients.
- In wider team, plays a role in other team initiatives – for example, account management, learning and development, coaching and recruitment.
The candidate must have:
- 5-7 years of experience, very strong experience in Financial Services, with a focus on operations, technology, strategy and change
- A good understanding of project and programme management and a proven track-record in managing teams and leading large-scale change initiatives
- Strong planning and organisation skills, well organised with the ability to plan and deliver within tight deadlines, attention to detail
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework on recovery and resolution planning, both in the UK and Europe.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills and able to produce high quality reports.
- A strong academic track record
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with advanced critical thinking capabilities
- Well organised with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail
- The ability to work in diverse teams across geographies
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word, high level of proficiency in data analysis and presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, ability to interact with all levels of management, to enable the building of credibility and presence with client executives, and the ability to engage with them as a peer to debate operational and strategic issues
- An EU passport or eligibility to work in the EU
The following experience or capability would be advantageous:
- Management consulting experience
- Proven experience in RRP and Wind Down planning
- Fluency in one or more European languages
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!