Senior Executive, Tax Valuations, Open to flexible working
EY’s Valuation, Modelling & Economics (VME) team is a fully integrated group of over 180 professionals providing valuation, modelling and economic advisory services to our clients. We work with many of the largest blue-chip corporates across a diverse range of industry sectors, providing insights and quality services to help build trust and confidence in capital markets and economies across the globe.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Executive to strengthen our tax valuation team in our London offices, particularly in the field of management incentive valuations, with potential to work more broadly within both the tax valuation team and wider VME business in the context of business and intangible asset valuations. There will also be the opportunity to work on valuations for commercial and financial reporting purposes, as well as playing a key role in supporting our audit teams.
The successful candidate will enjoy the potential for rapid personal development in a dynamic team with strong growth ambitions. From the outset they will be exposed to a diverse range of challenging valuation projects, primarily for Private Equity clients across a broad range of industry sectors valuing management incentives such as: shares and other securities in private companies, awards and transfers of carried interest units, as well as earn-outs and deferred consideration arrangements.
We are looking for strong technical skills and the potential to work autonomously in smaller teams and also as an integral part of a diverse team on larger engagements. The successful candidate should be capable of working on multiple projects at the same time, as well as possessing strong time management and teaming skills.
Working in the tax valuation team provides excellent opportunities to experience working across multiple industry sectors on varied assignments that can last from a couple of weeks to several months, frequently working as part of a cross-border, multi-disciplinary team.
- Day-to-management of multiple valuation assignments and managing small project teams
- Appreciating the context of a valuation by gaining an understanding of the underlying rights of incentive arrangements and the potential tax consequences
- Day-to-day client liaison and attendance of client meetings
- Keeping the project leader fully appraised of progress
- Identifying issues and flagging these to the project leader in a timely manner, as well as contributing to solutions
- Deliver high calibre valuation analyses and reports on time and to budget
- Provide junior team members with on the job training, guidance and advice
- Contribute to new business development opportunities and proposals
- Deep experience with PWERM, OPM and Monte-Carlo valuation techniques
- Energetic, lateral thinker with an enquiring mind and a commercial risk aware approach
- Analytical skills and attention to detail including modelling and first-class numeracy
- Intellectual rigour, agility and ability to work under pressure
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Relevant valuation experience at a professional services firm, within industry or tax authority.
- Experience of valuing management incentive arrangements, including on live transactions.
- An outstanding team player, but also with the resilience and motivation to operate individually.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.