Manager, Regulatory Assurance, Investment Management, Open to flexible working & returners
Manager, Regulatory Assurance, Investment Management - Governance, Risk & Control, Audit & Assurance
Deloitte’s regulatory assurance practice provides independent assurance to those charged with governance to understand their business and build trust amongst key stakeholders and regulators.
We are looking to continue building our Investment Management Regulatory Assurance practice, looking for investment management professionals with deep sector-specific expertise and experience working in regulation, risk management (including controls frameworks), governance, operational risk and resilience, conduct risk and compliance.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We are looking for individuals to help us build and grow our Investment Management Regulatory Assurance business. The role will include responsibilities such as:
- Managing and running the delivery of our assurance services for investment management firms on regulatory, risk management (including controls) and governance issues, including managing stakeholders, quality and risk, deliverables and the engagement team.
- Enabling clients to strengthen their understanding of regulatory matters and risk governance, management, control frameworks and reporting requirements.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with senior stakeholders at client sites
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders across Deloitte to provide our clients with best in class expertise and services, including at times reporting directly to Partners.
- Managing the production development of proposals for client engagements.
- Providing training, coaching, development and support for the team.
- Managing elements of practice management such as budgets, scheduling, client billing, etc.
- Manage activities to strengthen the prominence and eminence of our services in the marketplace, for example, writing articles and blogs on regulatory issues affecting the industry and sector, preparing and delivering client seminars.
- Keeping your technical expertise up to date with market developments, best practices and regulatory expectations.
- Working in a diverse team and promoting an inclusive culture where colleagues are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be required for client-based projects.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- A critical thinker with strong analysis and communication skills.
- A strong track record of experience working on regulatory and risk management in the investment management sector (e.g. through working in a firm, another professional services firm, or a regulatory body such as the FCA or PRA supervision).
- Strong understanding of the UK’s PRA and FCA regulatory regimes for investment management firms, as well as a good understanding of the EU, US and other global regimes.
- Understanding of the operational structure, and processes, within investment management businesses.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal.
- A good track record of experience managing stakeholder meetings, running workshops and delivering presentations.
- Strong organisational, planning and problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task and demonstrate flexible thinking.
- Good team leadership and excellent project management skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to quickly build a strong internal network.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A positive and ambitious attitude, and an ability to work on your own initiative.
Qualifications and skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent required.
- Additional professional qualifications of relevance (e.g. IRM, IOR, ICA, CISI, ACA, CIMA) preferred.
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application