GB Malt Whisky Brand Ambassador, Open to flexible working
Diageo GB has an ambition to step change our performance to reach £1bn NSV by F24. A core pillar of this ambition is to correct the under trade in Reserve (Diageo’s Premium + & Luxury portfolio) The ambition is to deliver £125m NSV by F23 and £225m by F26.
At the heart of this is the Luxury portfolio, the highest margin business Diageo has. Dominated by our Scotch whisky brands our ambition is to triple the size of the Luxury business from £20m NSV in F21 to £60m by F26. This is a 23% CAGR vs a market CAGR of 9% so serious intervention is required. We also want to double our market share to 32% and we want to become the no 1 Luxury spirits business in GB by F26.
There is a need to improve the Distribution and especially the Rate of Sale of our Reserve Luxury Portfolio, and the Ambassador will be pivotal in not only ensuring our top accounts are serviced to a level where visibility, in-outlet rotation activities, account promotions, perfect serves/rituals, recommendation, events and competitions drive a constant turnover of our brands, but that they are all to the luxury Reserve Luxury Portfolio standard.
Key Areas Of Accountabilities:
- In conjunction with the brand manager identify, develop and manage marketing activities
- Work with our brand team to input in growth drivers and activities design and execution.
- Acts as the face of the brand and Diageo – proud of what you do!
- Conduct comprehensive trainings, tastings, samplings, master-classes, dinners, across the Whisky Portfolio
- Implement visibility in outlets to help increase brand awareness and ROS
- Inspire consumers, customers and trade to advocate Reserve brands
- Prospect and build strong relationships with Gurus/Influencers in your market, while maintaining and nurturing current relationships
- Be the central reference point for the bartending community, creating a bartender network and championing Reserve Brand and World Class fraternities
Essential Qualifications / knowledge / experience required / languages
- 5-10 years significant on trade experience
- Creative and inspiring approach to be able to delight customer and customers
- Commercial mindset essential
- An existing network within the GB on trade preferred
- Able to demonstrate excellent relationship building and influencing skills across functions
- Brand and Category Knowledge across Spirits and TBA with particular experience in process, ingredients, provenance, and trends
- Passion for super premium brands, our customers & our consumers.
- Operates proactively – and where necessary reactively - in order to beat the competition.
- Able to build plans to customize activity to deliver against the nominated growth drivers for priority customers
- Demonstrates consistent high standards of execution.
- Be a socially responsible ambassador for Diageo externally.
Barriers to success in role
- Unable to distil brand objectives into actionable activation plans within resources available
- Inability to build trusting relationships across a broad range of stakeholders, demonstrate flexible style
- Inability to prioritise and manage own deliverables
- Unable to challenge status quo and influence others
- Poor commercial insight or understanding of the trade
- Inability to deal with ambiguity and a fast changing environment