Luxury Account Manager , Luxury Retail - Open to flexible working
Diageo GB has an ambition to step change our performance to reach £1bn NSV by F24. A core pillar of this ambition is to correct the under trade in Reserve (Diageo’s Premium + & Luxury portfolio) The ambition is to deliver £125m NSV by F23 and £225m by F26.
At the heart of this is the Luxury portfolio, the highest margin business Diageo has been dominated by our Scotch whisky brands our ambition is to triple the size of the Luxury business from £20m NSV in F21 to £60m by F26. This is a 23% CAGR vs a market CAGR of 9% so serious intervention is required. We also want to double our market share to 32% and we want to become the no 1 Luxury spirits business in GB by F26
The key accountabilities for this role are lined up against that strategy.
- Explode the activation of our luxury whisky brands, with the key priority being Johnnie Walker Blue Label which we need to build into an iconic, aspirational luxury brand turning up in the right way with the right customers.
- Drive distribution in the Specialist and Luxury Retail sector. Where and how our luxury portfolio turns up on shelf is key to how the new luxury consumer perceives our brand. You will audit the current universe and plug distribution gaps in key retailers
- Search out new luxury engagement arenas where we can elevate our long-term ambition to become the no 1 Luxury Spirits business in GB. Thinking creatively, you will explore opportunities outside the traditional customer model.
You will be reporting into the Head of Reserve GB and working across many functions, including with the brand teams, shopper marketing, culture & entertainment, brand ambassadors and the key route to market customers. The commercial performance of the luxury portfolio will be measured through the BPM system and you will also be expected to:
- Drive the luxury agenda across the Diageo GB business.
- Work closely with Justerini and Brooks
- Communicate all relevant innovation and brand updates to our customers and route to market account managers in a timely and appropriate way
- Build relevant and exciting plans and present to key luxury and specialist customers that reflect the market trends and insights.
- Support customer marketing to execute standout visibility and engagement
- Explore new opportunities to engage with HNWI and build a luxury network.
- Build and hold relationships with the buyers, marketeers and creative agencies to execute the plans
Top 2 Leadership Capabilities for this role:
Win through Execution
- Deliver stand-out brand activations, agreed according to Diageo and customer priorities
- Use your experience of the trade to direct the A&P budget towards the highest ROI opportunities
- Set yourself up to know, understand and beat the competition,
- Be restless in growing your understanding of the luxury spirits market and use that to drive performance
Shape the Future
- Develop the strategy by customer and brand to “chart the course” £60m for luxury
- Constantly scan the environment for the emergence of new and innovative ways to engage the target consumer
- Identify ways to secure resources and make things happen and have the energy and know how to implement.
- Display commercial acumen. You will be a key enabler of growth within GB and will be expected to harness your commercial insight to create new opportunities.
- Idea generation, solution focused, drive new opportunities, anticipate trends and think in the future
Essential Qualifications / knowledge / experience required / languages
- 2 years of experience in the spirits and luxury marketplace
- A creative and innovative thinker with a commercial mindset is essential
- Excellent communication and relationship skills to engage both internal stakeholders and customers at all levels of seniority
- Ability to influence across functions and at all levels
- An existing network within the GB luxury community preferred
Barriers to success in role
- Unable to work effectively within a diverse team
- Unable to distil brand objectives into actionable activation plans within resources available
- Inability to build trusting relationships across a broad range of stakeholders, demonstrate flexible style
- Inability to prioritise and manage own deliverables
- Unable to challenge status quo and influence others
- Poor commercial insight or understanding of the trade,
- Inability to deal with ambiguity and a fast-changing environment
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything