Activation Planning Manager, Open to flexible working
Diageo was created in 1997 but its business is built on the principles and foundations laid years before by giants of the industry – Arthur Guinness, John Walker, Elizabeth Cumming and many more. Today, Diageo is a world class leader in beverage alcohol, producing an outstanding collection of over 200 brands and owning the top two largest spirit brands in the world, Johnnie Walker and Smirnoff and 20 of the world’s top 100 spirit brands. Its portfolio also includes Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan’s and Windsor Whiskies, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Diageo has built a strong platform for growth – through investment in its own brands, and by acquisition to broaden the geographical footprint and category depth and range. The company’s strong local business units are well-positioned to win in increasingly competitive and fast-paced environments. Diageo’s portfolio is well-diversified across price-tiers, enabling it to participate where consumer opportunity is greatest, and to capture shifts in consumer preference.
Diageo's culture is built and maintained by the five values that underpin its business and guide how Diageo works. At Diageo, employees are passionate about its customers and consumers and want to be the best. They give each other the freedom to succeed and value each other. Employees work hard so they can be proud of what they do and how they do it. While Diageo moves at pace, constantly evolving and improving, its values remain consistent. Diageo wants that employees live these values every day, everywhere so that Diageo can be proud of what they do and be the best that they can be.
Diageo invest significantly in direct to consumer brand building but we must partner with our customers to influence the point of purchase activation, and this is where the vast majority of our A&P investment sits. Most shoppers and consumers buy from a repertoire of brands and their behaviour can be easily influenced by what they see or don’t see at the point of purchase. It is the role of the Customer Activation team to work closely with our customer team to understand the needs of shoppers and customers and then collaborate with the shopper marketing team to create the programmes and tools that guarantee amazing execution of our brands at the point of purchase. The Customer Activation team will then work directly with our commercial teams and agencies to project manage perfect execution of the commercial calendar. In some cases, this will involve tailoring and adapting our programmes and tools to meet the specific needs of strategically important customers to enable them to differentiate their offer.
As an Activation Planning Manager, you will sit right at the heart of business supporting & working as a business partner with our Commercial Teams and Shopper Marketing teams. This will involve facilitating the development of our sub channel activation plans and ensuring the Commercial Teams have all the insight, growth drivers & tools they need to deliver brilliant execution of Diageo’s commercial plan. You will also lead on feeding channel led insight into Shopper Marketing to help us to shift consumer & shopper behavior and achieve Diageo’s financial and market share ambition. This role has direct responsibility for central A&P budget allocation across channels, management of scale point of sale campaigns and the input of channel insight into our commercial planning process. You will be working Commercial Teams and Shopper Marketing brand teams to deliver best in class activation and represent the voice of the customer in the commercial planning cycle.
- To build a 30-60-90 rolling activation plan for our large, branded point of sale campaigns
- To project manage the A&P budget for key platforms & activations across channels and provide visibility back to business on levels of channel execution
- To project manage the perfect delivery of assets and tools to deliver great activation for key brands and customers
- To manage central activation agencies to ensure brilliant execution of shopper marketing programmes
- To efficiently manage the A&P budget for point of purchase activation
- To conduct activity M&E to ensure we are constantly improving our plans to drive greater ROI
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities
- Proven internal or external experience as Sales or Marketing Executive equivalent
- Project Management, Analytical and core selling skills
- Time management & prioritisation skills
- Can build powerful relationships and work collaboratively within a team
- Problem solver & solution-based team player who can deal with ambiguity & adapt quickly