Senior, Financial Crime & Forensics Investigations & Compliance, Open to flexible working
Financial Services - Senior, Financial Crime & Forensics Investigations & Compliance
As fraud and financial crime reaches new levels of sophistication, firms are seeking a balance between efficiency and effectiveness to disrupt these risks. Financial Crime & Forensics is part of EY’s Financial Services practice and works closely with financial services clients and their legal advisors and regulators to help them prevent, investigate and remediate financial crime along with other regulatory risks and issues.
Our dedicated Investigations & Compliance team provide support in the event of fraud and other misconduct, regulatory reviews, investigations and disputes. Join us and you'll work in a rapidly growing team on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive environment. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory
Your key responsibilities
As a Financial Crime & Forensics Senior, you will technically contribute to Financial Crime & Forensics client engagements and internal projects. An important part of your role will be actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening internal and external relationships. You will deliver work of a high quality and ensure it is reviewed by the next-level reviewer.
As part of the Financial Crime & Forensics team you will work on the execution of a variety of projects including financial crime, fraud and other investigations, whistleblowing framework reviews, risk assessments, fraud and financial crime prevention and compliance programme development within the financial services sector.
A break down of the work you’ll be involved in is below:
- Financial crime, specifically:
- Bribery and corruption and knowledge of regulatory environment including corruption issues (UK Bribery Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, OECD convention on corruption, local corruption legislation, enforcement trends)
- Anti-money laundering and knowledge of regulatory environment Knowledge of the legislative and compliance changes arising from the Criminal Finances Act 2017, such as the corporate offence for the criminal facilitation of tax evasion
- Fraud prevention including fraud risk assessments and compliance program development
- Review of policies and procedures, internal processes and controls
- Conducting Investigations and relevant concepts (evidence preservation and collection, data privacy, legal privilege, investigative interviewing technique, business intelligence)
- Forensic due diligence and forensic audit support
- Documentation, disclosures required by local laws and regulations and e-discovery
- Modelling, testing, documenting financial scenarios and anticipating challenges
- Preparation of forensic/expert witness reports including review, analysis and verification of evidence
- External and internal auditing and general accounts preparation
- Liaising with clients, in-house counsel, external legal teams, witnesses, other experts, police, criminal prosecutors and regulatory enforcers
- Working in multidisciplinary teams
- Risk management
- Language skills an advantage
Skills and attributes for success
As a Senior Consultant at EY we look for individuals who are able to identify and escalate potential business opportunities on existing engagements. Similarly, you will anticipate and identify risks and inform senior members of the team about significant issues that may emerge.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Professional accountancy or other financial qualification such as ICA, CFE or CAMS
- Strong academic record including a degree (in any subject)
- Experience of understanding, digesting, explaining, analysing company accounts and financial information
- Skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Assertive and confident interpersonal skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle diverse and pressing assignments and sensitive and adversarial situations
- Critical thinkers with very good attention to detail
- Comfortable working both independently or in a team
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Worked in a ‘Big 4’ or similar corporate environment
- Exposure to Financial Services clients and understanding of their needs
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity& inclusiveness here . We ask because it matters!