Audit Senior Associates, 4-5 days per week - Flexible Contracts
3 days left
- Contract Type
Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
We are open to flexible contracts (during Oct-May min, 4 day week)
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
PwC’s Northern Audit practice is a powerhouse of UK regional offices including Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Belfast. Together we service clients of all sizes, in a diverse range of sectors, delivering high quality External Audits and Audit related services. Understanding our clients needs and the risks they face is at the heart of what we do and is key to performing high quality audits.
Our Audit practice is growing rapidly and we have a number of opportunities for passionate people who are keen on shaping the future of Audit. A career with us will ensure you have exposure to an unparalleled breadth of client exposure, the very best technology and fantastic opportunities for career development.
PwC’s Newcastle practice has been serving clients in the North East since 1912. We are proud of our local links with the wider community and support a number of public and private sector organisations. Key industries within the North East include the government and public sector, the energy sector – oil, gas and emerging industries such as offshore wind and solar panels- as well as strong digital, engineering and manufacturing sectors.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate in Newcastle, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Using feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas
- Delegating to others to provide stretch opportunities and coaching to help deliver results
- Developing new ideas and proposing innovative solutions to problems
- Using a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in the business area
- Reviewing your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance
- Sharing relevant thought leadership
- Using straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others
- Ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships
- Upholding the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
- Ability to lead audit engagements from planning to completion
Essential Skills and Experience:
- CA / ACA / ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent)
- Or part Qualified and working towards your full CA / ACA / ACCA / ICAS (or equivalent) qualification
- Or have equivalent work experience in Audit (you’re an international candidate who technically qualifies in your home country by experience)
- Experience of financial accounting and reporting
- The ability to learn quickly
- Strong project management skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team, building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels
- Experienced in coaching junior staff
- Passion for quality
- Experience of working to client deadlines
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.