HR Manager, Part-time, minimum 3 days a week
WHEB Asset Management
WHEB is an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. The role is suitable for candidates looking for a part-time position. Based at our office in central London, the position will offer considerable opportunity for flexible working, including both office and home-based work
WHEB is a pioneer in sustainable and impact investing. Our mission is ‘to advance sustainability and create prosperity through positive impact investments’. We do this by finding and investing in companies that provide solutions to sustainability challenges through a single, long-only, global equity strategy, With a track record of over 14 years, we are one of the early innovators in listed equity impact investing.
Sustainability and impact investing define our whole business as well as the investment philosophy. As a Certified B Corporation since 2016 WHEB is part of a global movement of stakeholder businesses, which consider the impact of business decisions on our employees, clients, suppliers, the community, and the environment, as well as our shareholders.
Following a period of significant growth, WHEB is now looking to add an HR Manager to the team in London. This is an entirely new role for WHEB and the position will be available based on a minimum 3-day week. WHEB supports and encourages all employees who want to adopt flexible working practices, and so there would be flexibility in this arrangement.
The successful applicant will provide HR support for the employees, managers and partners at WHEB, as well as directly supporting the Finance, Compliance & Operations Manager in operational tasks and projects.
Other responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Managing all HR and people matters;
- Providing a first level of assistance for all employee life-cycle events such as payroll, benefits, maternity, paternity, shared parental leave, and probation periods;
- Managing recruitment processes;
- Managing compensation and benefit benchmarking process;
- Reviewing and enhancing internal HR policies and processes;
- Providing assistance for performance management program;
- Managing processes for grievance and disciplinary procedures;
- Managing transfers, leavers (including exit interviews);
- Working with Compliance on SM&CR and other HR related regulatory requirements;
- Liaising with employment lawyers and advisors.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have, as a minimum:
- 5+ years’ experience in a financial services HR role, preferably in small to medium-sized B Corporation or similar business seeking to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy (however, experience in a B Corporation is not essential);
- Solid knowledge and experience of employment law;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- CIPD Qualified;
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines;
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytical and critical thinking skills; and
- An interest in sustainability.
They will also have the ability to:
- Work in a small, close-knit team, with the flexibility to take on new tasks/skillsets;
- Organise a varied workload.
Applicants should send their CVs, along with a covering letter via the apply button. The deadline for applications is 31st January 2022. We regret that it may not be possible to contact unsuccessful applicants.