OD Director - Employee Experience, Open to flexible working
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. With the COVID pandemic, people are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and to take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
OD Director - Employee Experience
As a new stand-alone Consumer Healthcare company we have an incredible opportunity to create a Winning Organisation and Culture where our people differentiate us from the competition…creating a winning inclusive organisation and culture where everyone can thrive and perform.
The OD Employee Experience Lead will focus on ensuring the Employee Value proposition is reflected in desired and lived employee experience. Leveraging end to end employee listening to identify gaps and opportunities, influencing and supporting colleagues in design, and working in partnership with Employer Brand/Comms to ensure congruence in what we say and do internally and externally.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Develops the employee experience strategy based on the EVP that enables the best employee experience.
- Identifies and prioritises opportunities and moments that matter that will disproportionally positively impact the employee experience, working with SMEs/process owners to design for improved employee experience
- Builds capability in employee experience design in the CoE and the broader organization.
- Works with CoE colleagues to design and deliver interventions that drives performance, is aligned to our culture and delivers a great employee experience.
- Defines how to measure employee experience, EVP and engagement, partnering with Employer Brand/Recruitment marketing to track progress internally and externally, measuring our reputation as an attractive and competitive employer and to diagnose areas of focus and prioritization for improvement
- Partners with Employer Brand to identify external awards/events that reflect our EVP and employee experience to build our employer reputation
- Works with Recruitment Marketing and Employer Brand team to ensure our EVP is reflected in our recruitment approaches
- Provides expert thought partnering/coaching/advice to senior leaders/HRBLs on OD, employee experience and EVP and write compelling, simple and impactful papers/presentations to influence the organisation on employee experience and EVP.
- Has active external network; understands key competitors and new trends in OD, employee experience and EVP, Employer Brand to ensure our approach and offers are sufficiently differentiated to attract and retain the best people.
Basic Qualifications and Experience:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Degree or Psychology
- Organisational development experience within in global organisation, specifically within CoE roles
- Experience design expertise including:
- Research (designing and executing), synthesis and insight generation
- Ideation techniques
- Journey mapping
- Persona development
- EVP development and activation
- Employee listening (survey design/EX measurement and insights)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master’s degree or further qualification in related specialism
- Experience working in CPG/FMCG
- Understanding of Employer Brand
- Agile skills
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding of Inclusion, Equity and Diversity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to be succinct in style appropriate for senior leaders/Board level
- Numerate, good data manipulation, analysis and insight
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including working with Exec leaders
- Ability to translate complex into simple
- Strategic thinking and able to work in grey and with high complexity
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please submit a cover letter with your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Applications close at 11:59pm 16th January, 2022.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity!
Recently we’ve shared some exciting proposals with our colleagues which mark an important moment in our preparations for separation and becoming a new, standalone Consumer Healthcare company.
Our preparations are going well. GSK is on track to separate in mid-2022 and create two incredible new companies, each with the ability to improve the health of millions of patients and consumers worldwide, and both great places to work.
We’ve already confirmed that our new Consumer Healthcare company will be headquartered in the UK and the first step we’re taking is to announce proposals to move our CH business from our current location in GSK House in Brentford when we separate, into a new, CH headquarters in Weybridge. This will be a temporary, but important move in the short term, whilst we take this opportunity to design for the future and create an inspiring, flexible, collaborative workspace that meets the changing needs of our people and our business needs.
Inspired by our new culture and purpose, and with a commitment to our sustainability goals, we plan to build a new campus close by which would be home to our headquarters teams, our UK business, our global Oral Health category, R&D and innovation teams, as well as a state-of-the-art Shopper Science lab
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.