Non-Financial Assurance Manager - ESG, Open to flexible working
7 days left
- Contract Type
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding diverse collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
The Global Diageo in Society (DIS) team plays a key role within the Corporate Relations Function as a centre of excellence focused on efforts to deliver a positive impact on society everywhere we live, work, source and sell across – collaborating with a wide range of teams to embed (strategic priority 4) Positive Drinking), strategic priority 5 (Inclusion & Diversity) and strategic priority 6 (Grain to Glass Sustainability. The team also leads on non-financial reporting and other impact measures to provide credibility and build competitive trust and to tell a compelling story to internal and external stakeholders.
External scrutiny from investors and regulators on the reliability, completeness and accuracy of disclosures on ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) matters is increasing at a rapid rate. Diageo has a robust approach to ESG disclosures, however like many companies in this area we are committed to continuous improvement, delivering higher levels of governance on our ESG data and disclosures.
This newly created permanent role will provide an opportunity for the right individual to drive a key process for the business in a fascinating and diverse area. It’s the perfect job for someone who is passionate about ESG, gains satisfaction from creating and implementing rigorous processes, is interested in gathering and consolidating evidence to support ESG disclosures and who wants a role where the scope for learning and development is unlimited.
- Liaise with the external assurer and internal ESG data leads to manage the process of limited assurance for a range of social and environmental metrics
- Identify and implement areas for improvement to ESG data governance by working closely with teams including Diageo’s Global Audit and Risk function
- Identify and implement areas for ESG reporting process improvement at the Group level
- Systematically gather and consolidate increasingly sophisticated evidence to support ESG disclosures, working closely with ESG data leads
- Develop and maintain a centralised tracker of disclosures and statements, identifying opportunities for efficiencies and process improvements
- Coordinate sample testing with appropriate teams to assess the sufficiency and appropriateness of evidence provided
- Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders regarding reported information, such as the legal team or external assurance partner
- Identify learnings and make recommendations for improvements as part of Diageo’s commitment to continuous progress in this area
- Support with compiling papers for Board-level committee meetings.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- At least 3 to 5 years in a role involving ESG data gathering and reporting
- Interest in ESG performance and reporting, with knowledge of external benchmarks (e.g. GRI, DJSI, CDP etc.)
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience, with a proven ability to influence senior leaders and drive business behaviour and action
- Ability to organise and lead complex projects to a fast-paced timeline, including holding others to account for deadlines
- Strong teamwork skills, with demonstrated emotional intelligence
- Experience in assurance of non-financial information would be highly beneficial.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.