Consultant - Immigration, People Advisory Services (UK&I) London - Open to flexible working
The Global Immigration team sits within EY’s People Advisory Services practice and is the largest single brand provider of immigration services managing a range of business immigration services for multinational clients wishing to send their employees to work overseas. These services typically centre on the compliance and legal issues in coordinating and filing their work and visa applications, subsequent work permit/visa extensions and passport/nationality issues.
EY’s Immigration practice is a high-pace, client service focused environment. Team members enjoy extensive contact with corporate clients, assignees and EY contacts at all levels within the organisation. We are seeking a Consultant to join our busy UK-inbound immigration team.
As a member of the GI UK team you will be responsible for contributing to the overall success of the team. This is achieved by being inspirational, curious, accountable and results-focused at all times, and proactively asking for and accepting help where required.
- Ensure technical excellence through technical and risk review
- Be proactive in client engagement and building account relationships
- Own your engagement economics and deliver on increasing margins and revenues
- Live the firms’ values in order to help create a high performing team and inclusive environment
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of immigration and wider mobility concepts and issues in order to understand the impact to clients.
- Pro-actively research current immigration developments and understand the impact for clients.
- Actively contribute to the development of communications, training material, new service offerings, etc. as a result of changes in law or policy, latest immigration developments, etc.
- Creatively apply immigration and HR knowledge to client situations – demonstrate a solutions-based approach
- Demonstrate commitment to delivering exceptional client service and ensure the delivery of high-quality work meeting stakeholders' expectations
- Measure efficiency of own business area against external benchmarks
- Be responsible for effective management of their portfolio of client engagements, including all working capital (WIP, budgets ERP's, Unbilled inventory, debtors and margin), engagement financials, cash collection and partner review of significant invoices
- Contribute to the overall teams’ financial performance by proactively managing all aspects of engagement economics across your engagements including:
Skills and experience required
- Experience with relevant business immigration experience required, specifically within Tier 2.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good stakeholder management skills.
- Very good organisation skills with ability to plan, prioritize, meet deadlines, monitor budget and manage multiple small-scale projects.
- Strong IT skills, including very good MsOffice (Word, Excel and Power Point), BIT and local visa preparation software.
- Excellent level of attention to detail with sound business judgement.
- Client driven with strategic and commercial awareness.
- Very good presentation skills.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of immigration concepts and issues and pro-actively research current immigration developments and creatively apply immigration and HR knowledge to client situations.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
EY is dedicated to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.