Campaigns Adviser - Open to Flexible Working & Hybrid Working
When meeting us, you’ll quickly discover we are united in our belief that the best thing about the ABI is the people. We’re hugely proud that 100% of our people feel colleagues within their team respect each other. If that sounds like your kind of culture, read on to find out how you can join us.
We’re looking for a passionate advocate of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) to join us as Campaigns Adviser to support and project manage the development and delivery of the ABI DEI strategy. This includes building on existing workstreams and running campaigns to support and drive change in our sector.
Please note this is a full-time role but we are open to applications from those who wish to work on a flexible and/or job share basis. In some instances, we may be able to consider part time working. Our working practices may develop and flex over time, but for the time being we are working in a hybrid way on the basis of at least 40% of our time worked in the office.
We welcome applicants who are new to insurance – as well as those who are experts.
What’s the job?
- Work with the Head of Campaigns and Marketing. Marketing Manager and wider Directorate to contribute to the delivery of the campaigns, digital and marketing strategy.
- Prepare and communicate materials for internal and external audiences to support key workstreams, including briefings, policy papers and publications.
- Coordinate the ABI’s Talent and Diversity Network, and support our DEI Advisory Board, to promote the aims of the DEI strategy, provide our members with effective knowledge sharing opportunities, networking and value-add, through regular meetings, communications, and events.
- Work with the Head of Campaigns and Marketing, Executive Sponsor for DEI and the wider team to support the ongoing development of the ABI Diversity and Inclusion annual data collection.
- Build and maintain relationships with key contacts within ABI member firms and participate in member networking opportunities (e.g., at ABI events).
What skills do you need?
- A passion for DEI – you’re interested in the issues and opportunities related to the insurance and long-term savings sector.
- The technical skills – you’re keen to understand modern communications and marketing approaches including data, audience insight, social media, and digital content.
- Communication skills – you can master a complex subject area and communicate it to others in a way they understand. We’re looking for exception verbal and written comms skills.
- Relationship management – your interpersonal skills are second to none and you work flexibly and proactively with others to get work done.
- Organisation – you can prioritise and manage a busy workload with minimal supervision.
Throughout the interview and assessment process, we will be looking for you to demonstrate the ABI’s values; We are Brave; We take Ownership; We are Appreciative; We are Human and We are Curious.
At the ABI, we feel empowered to bring our whole self to work without fear of judgment and embrace all our differences as every voice matters.
How can I apply?
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.
The deadline for applications is 23rd January.