Senior Administrative Assistant, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialist HIV company combining the HIV expertise of GSK, Pfizer and Shionogi. We have a broad portfolio of antiretroviral medicines, an industry-leading pipeline, and several first-of-their-kind programmes to improve access to medicines and support novel on-the-ground community initiatives.
ViiV Healthcare’s global HQ is based in the offices of GSK, its largest shareholder, in Brentford, London. It has established a presence in 16 countries and works closely with GSK to distribute HIV medicines elsewhere in the world. We are uniquely positioned to be at the forefront of advancing HIV treatment and care because we are the only pharmaceutical company that is 100% focused on HIV.
Through our focus on patient-centred innovation we have developed a strong portfolio of medicines that are advancing treatment and care for people living with HIV around the world. Our broad product portfolio includes a range of therapeutic options throughout the treatment spectrum. The primary focus is on the growth portfolio namely dolutegravir and cabotegravir based regimens as well as a small number of newly acquired assets. The portfolio includes Tivicay®, Triumeq®, Juluca® and Dovato® as well as medicines due to be launched in the near future cabotegravir/rilpivirine, fostemsavir, Maturation Inhibitors and other novel agents which are early in the development pipeline.
Senior Administrative Assistant
In this role, you will be providing an efficient and comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to ViiV’s Chief Financial Officer, and to ViiV’s General Counsel. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to ViiV’s Chief Financial Officer, and General Counsel. Schedule, arrange and monitor diary appointments, ensuring effective time management.
- Use understanding of concepts and methodology of work performed to proactively deal with issues for manager and in manager’s absence using initiative and knowledge to bring resolution. Identify process related issues and propose creative and interpretive recommendations within remit.
- Co-ordinate extensive and complex international travel including preparation of itineraries and collation of documentation. Process necessary visa applications and ensure travel vaccination guidelines are met. Produce all types of documentation including preparation of materials in advance of regular key meetings.
- Monitor manager’s inbox and deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence in a proactive and timely manner (follow up on replies, recommend action to be taken, draft responses, and filter to appropriate people).
- Organise all logistics for meetings (visitors, catering etc), conferences and events whilst adhering to the meetings policies, liaising with internal/ external parties.
- Be competent in various ViiV systems to complete expenses on time, manage invoices and raise purchase orders in CERPS, update iTAG (holiday and absence management) and use Workday for HR activities.
- Assist new starters, manage movers and leavers for ViiV Legal and ViiV Finance / Business Partnering groups. Possibly support line management responsibility.
- Work closely with other PAs within ViiV and GSK.
- Manage a high-volume workload proactively to a consistently high standard, by setting priorities, objectives and target dates.
- Undertake ad hoc reports/projects as required, simultaneously with routine work, and may provide project leadership for department initiatives.
- Develop an understanding of structure / governance within ViiV/GSK Finance and Legal Senior Leadership groups to ensure effective triage of incoming issues.
Qualifications & Skills:
The job holder needs to be tenacious and have a strong performance mindset – driving for results through an understanding of drivers of the business and has an ability to focus on the things that make a difference and get things done. To achieve this the job holder needs to have
- Previous experience of supporting and interacting with senior managers
- Recognized qualifications in administration and software package usage (Word processing, Powerpoint, Spreadsheets and Databases).
- Strong organizational and administration skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload, working with tight deadlines whilst maintaining an excellent eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills as role will require working between different departments globally across GSK and external parties.
- Comfortable in interfacing with all levels of the organization, with a good understanding of interdepartmental relationships.
- Ability to cope with ever increasing changes whilst maintaining a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task without compromising quality of work.
- Excellent team player with good listening skills and ability to work un-supervised
- High level of discretion and sensitivity when dealing with confidential matters
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Good GSK/ViiV knowledge
- O level/GCSE English and mathematics
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at ViiV Healthcare bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV Healthcare does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV Healthcare's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV Healthcare. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV Healthcare. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV Healthcare. ViiV Healthcare shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.