Risk Management, Open to flexible working
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never made a difference more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
To handle HR risks in an effective manner from risk identification, to risk mitigation and reporting to senior partners in accordance with company risk management policies.
- Support risk management colleagues to develop a fit for purpose HR Risk Management Framework which aligns with CH Risk Management policy.
- Support risk management colleagues to own an annual HR risk assessment to identify the most significant risks facing HR.
- Work with Risk Owners to develop risk mitigation plans for each of the main HR risks identified in the annual risk assessment. Ensure appropriate governance is in place over those risks as part of the risk mitigation planning.
- Support risk management colleagues in the development of an annual assurance plan to supervise the efficiency of risk mitigation plans, i.e. management monitoring, independent business monitoring etc. Support team members to identify additional remediation's where required.
- Support risk management colleagues in preparing risk reports to senior stakeholders, including the development of key risk indicators (KRIs) to help measure risks.
- Develop a good working relationship with CH Internal Audit. Support HR partners through the end to end internal audit process.
- Develop a good working relationship with Finance and the CH External Auditors. Support HR collaborators to ensure a successful external audit over payroll controls each year.
- Work with risk management and data privacy colleagues to develop and communicate issue escalation paths to required stakeholders, e.g. in the event of a data breach, IR issue or payroll incident.
- Develop a good working relationship with other CH risk and compliance teams to share good practice and to understand requirements for HR input to CH company reports, e.g. HR input to annual risk reports and other regulatory reporting.
- Projects – where required by risk management colleagues, provide risk expertise to strategic HR projects to ensure risk and compliance are considered as part of the project.
Previous Experience Required
- Degree level qualification in a business, finance or accounting subject area
- Knowledge of key risks typically encountered by multinational companies, for example privacy, information security, ABAC, third party management, payroll etc.
- Experienced in establishing a Risk Management Framework in an international setting.
- Experienced in developing and implementing an assurance plan over key risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and engage with senior stakeholders authoritatively across multiple geographies.
- Excellent report writing skills, with the ability to clearly articulate sophisticated risk management points to a broad audience.
- Experienced in working with internal and external auditors.
- Good understanding of the data privacy risk from a global perspective and associated risk mitigation strategies.
- Understanding of the regulatory landscape, including Sarbox.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.