Product Owner- Analytics & BI, Cross-Product (Supply Chain, Production), Open to flexible working
3 days left
- Contract Type
‘Be You’ at GSK
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively .
Product Owner- Analytics & BI, Cross-Product (Supply Chain, Production)
The Senior Manager, Product Owner Analytics & Business Intelligence (A&BI) Cross-Product is responsible for the design and delivery of Data, Analytics and Business Intelligence products within Supply Chain and Production business domains. The purpose of this role is to lead, design, build, QA and deliver analytic platforms and solutions within these domains.
Key responsibilities include:
Strategy and Architecture
- Ensures the A&BI technical landscape and associated products are designed for effective maintenance on an ongoing basis and GSK drives value from its investment in enterprise A&BI.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of the A&BI open-source and packaged product sets (including but not restricted to SAP, Microsoft, Qlik), understands their strategic direction and when to deploy.
Product Design, Delivery and Deployment
- Recognised as the go-to SME for their product area, working collaboratively and adapting to constantly meet the needs of their customers and deliver value to GSK.
- Contributes to the successful development of projects from inception to successful implementation and full operational status through excellent knowledge of SAP, PowerBI, Azure, Qlik and other associated products.
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to manage and prioritise the product backlog to produce the product set with the highest business value.
- Has excellent planning and execution skills which enable them to work effectively within tight change control and release management processes.
- Recognises, analyses and solves problems and works with others to effectively resolve project plan deviations as they are encountered.
- Challenge business needs that drive a requirement for additional development
Governance & Product Assessment
- Take part in technical governance and oversight of product development across a product domain. Support Design & Assurance and Solutions Architects in the assessment of technology solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring all products within the domain are compliant with internal security and risk management policies and practices, as well as external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, Sarbanes–Oxley.
Lead team of GSK staff, Strategic Suppliers and Agency Workers
- Ensure strategic partners and agency workers are delivering quality and work to their agreed SOW.
- Support and drive the mix of on-shore / off-shore resource.
- Drive agile adoption and mindset across their teams.
- Works with operational support consultants on support activities, ensuring that they have sufficient product knowledge, approving the deployment of operational changes to ensure that production systems are not put at risk, identification and resolution of blockages. Demonstrate an ability to resolve complex issues, manage customer stakeholder relationships.
- Experience of SAP Business Warehouse (SAP-BW) and SAP Business Object Suite (SAP-BO) including Lumira
- Strong SAP BI experience across Supply Chain and Production functional areas
- Practical experience of global enterprise BI design and SAP BI solutions, ideally in a large global organisation
- Experience in multiple end-to-end implementation project lifecycles
- Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills including cross-cultural working.
- Experience of other functional areas across Corporate & Operational Finance, Commercial, Procurement, Planning, HR, Legal, Real Estate & Facilities, Corporate, Legal & Compliance
- Experience of PowerBI, Qlik, Azure (or AWS / GCP) cloud development platforms
- Software engineering / coding (ABAP, python, Databricks) experience.
- SAP add-ons eg Analysis for MsOffice
- An understanding of when to apply advanced analytics and data science tools for data mining, statistical analysis, machine learning
- Passion and proven track-record for using analytics to drive business insight, to increase business value, reduce costs or to better understand and act on business risks
- Understanding of agile software development, experience in Scrum, SAFe & Kanban desirable
- Proven analytical skills, production of metrics tracking (using Excel and PowerPoint)
- The ability to think big picture and customer first.
- Flexible thinking, sound judgment on how and when to take on board innovative ideas; understand how to evaluate options available and make decisions based on facts and data.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the biggest changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.