Scheduling Manager, Open to flexible working
3 days left
- Contract Type
‘Be You’ at GSK
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaborativel
The Site Scheduling Manager will ensure that Production Scheduling activities occur according to a defined Standard Work/Scripted Day/Week – making certain that all critical activities happen at the right time and in the correct sequence, while managing and motivate a team of scheduling professionals at a key site in the GSK Pharma Supply Chain network.
In this role you will…
- Ensure maintenance of an accurate Open Order Book so systems can be used to identify when product shipments are scheduled to occur.
- Ensure execution of an appropriate scheduling methodology, for example, Fixed Frequency Repeating Schedule (FFRS) methodology to package finished goods.
- Ensure execution of a level-loading to supply the schedule with any intermediates required.
- Ensure measurement of Conformance to Schedule (CTS) for all Production work centres.
- Ensure attendance of Production Schedulers at supply chain performance management sessions (daily) to represent all work centres within a single site in the GSK Manufacturing network.
- Ensure provision (to the Supply Chain Planning Team) of daily/shift performance figures for all work centres within a single site in the GSK Manufacturing network.
- Ensure maintenance of an up-to-date capacity definition for select production work centres, based on demonstrated output and CTS.
- Ensure execution of a pre-defined Performance Management process to ensure order fulfilment, whilst maintaining strict adherence to the FFRS methodology and intent.
- Accommodate any non-standard activities (i.e. NPI, artwork change) into the production schedule whilst continually maintaining adherence to the FRRS methodology.
- Ensure constant monitoring, maintenance and accuracy of a critical data fields within the systems that are related to work centres each Production Scheduler is responsible for.
- Ensure scheduled products in line with our commitments so there is no supply disruption of our vital medicines to our patients
Our Pharmaceutical Supply Chain (PSC) business is responsible for making and supplying our pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical products around the globe. The PSC organisation is involved with every production stage from the infrastructure of the manufacturing sites, supply forecasting, regulatory inspections, and the product’s quality.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Background and experience in an appropriate business/technical area.
- Substantial experience in site logistics.
- Leadership and development of a team of schedulers.
- Good knowledge of site operations, Supply Chain processes and supporting systems within a global business environment.
- Understanding of commercials drivers, objectives and challenges.
- Relationship management building skills, with the ability to interact, influence, and manage multiple and varied business contacts, both internal and external, often with different requirements and goals.
- Understanding of political/economic/financial processes and able to construct business proposals and implementation plans.
- Effective communication skills & keeping stakeholders informed.
- Must have a “Can do” attitude.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Qualification in a supply chain related discipline, logistics, supply management, demand management, operational management or MBS.
- Pharmaceutical/FMCG Experience.
Uniting science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Healthcare, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the most significant changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.