Labelling Strategy and Development, Oncology Team Lead, Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
Director, Labelling Strategy and Development Oncology Team Lead will have responsibility for the initiation and development of labelling in alignment with the Target Medicines Profile (TMP) and Target Vaccines Profile (TVP) for Oncology assets from phase 1 through to early life. The teams will be comprised of staff in UK, Europe (aligned with RDCs) and US.
The portfolio will require direction and excellent cross team collaboration for the development and authoring of global product information (Global PI) for Oncology products and provide advice to GSK teams on GLC requirements/ processes and on EU/ US regulatory requirements. Leads will interact with senior stakeholders including in: R&D, Regulatory, Safety, and Commercial. They will be accountable for providing innovative approaches/recommendations to product labeling that meet corporate goals while maintaining compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Accountable for management of the One Development labelling process and labelling development for a the Oncology portfolio. Provide appropriate labelling resource to the regulatory matrix teams aligned with portfolio priorities. Ensure close partnership of labelling leads with project leads and the regulatory matrix to ensure effective, strategic and proactive labelling development. Interfaces directly with GSK senior management, functional experts, on business strategy and labelling content. Works closely with the aligned Therapeutic/Vx RDC VP and with US AdPromo team to drive all labelling aspects for the defined portfolio. Directs labelling development, critically evaluating the data and principles upon which labelling statements are based so as to ensure clinical relevance and regulatory acceptance across the designated portfolio. Commercially astute, with strong understanding of competitor labels and evolving external labelling trends and agency requirements Negotiates resolution of complex regulatory and scientific issues, manages multiple projects simultaneously, and employs sound judgment in solving complex problems and issues. Internally, influences key proposed guidelines and regulations to shape external environment. Work with Commercial colleagues to understand competitive landscape and desired endpoints in labelling. May be active in external facing activities and is effective at representing GSK in various industry groups (such as DIA) or at EMA- or FDA-sponsored events (e.g., Workshops, AdComs). Line manage, recruit, and motivate staff within the Labelling Development team. Contribute to the leadership of the Development Labelling Organization and drive effective governance through the GLC processes.
- Significant labelling and project team experience.
- Drug development, regulatory requirements, labelling experience, line and/or matrix leadership.
- Highly developed interpersonal, presentation and communication skills with established internal and external networks.
- The ability to influence effectively in a matrix.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Medicine or Pharmacy, or work experience equivalent.
- Extensive Regulatory experience including in depth Labelling knowledge and experience with line and matrix leadership experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's Degree, PharmD, or PhD in Science, Medicine or Pharmacy; or work experience equivalent.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.