IRT Help Desk Support Specialist, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
In this role you will provide Tier 2 Help Desk user support and customer service on the GSK in-house Interactive Response Technology (IRT) system used for GSK Investigational Clinical Trials.
- Troubleshoot Requests and Incidents and provide guidance for IRT investigational Trials on the appropriate action.
- Analyze Help Desk data incident management reporting and provide Senior IRT Project Managers with recurring root causes for IRT study support improvements.
- Support Senior IRT Project Managers with the end to end pre-live study configuration process.
- Support Investigational Clinical Trial Study Medication management post-live using the IRS system.
- Support 24/7/365 Help Desk via on-call rotation schedule.
- Respond to queries initiated via chat, chatbot, email, or phone calls as Tier 2 Help Desk support level and process the end to end resolution via the incident management system.
- Train others help desk support staff members (Tier 1 and/ Tier 2) on troubleshooting and diagnosing problems using IRT system
- Write, edit, and revise IRT help desk Knowledge Bases, Training eModules, Hands on exercise Maintenance and Help Desk training documents for all Tier Level Support (CSHD, IRT Help Desk Support and IT Support).
- Identify and escalate situations requiring Critical, Urgent, High, Medium or low attention following the Help Desk Support Escalation process.
- Follow up with IRT customers (End Users) to ensure full resolution of Inquiries/ issues.
- Run incident management system reports to analyze common complaints and/or Root causes and inform IRT management of recurring problems.
- Future development in the IRT configuration support and manage/maintain simpler IRT study designs.
- Admin Support for studies / site’s maintenance activities post go-live in accordance with our Help Desk Support SOP and Knowledge Bases.
- Proactively advise on the study resupply strategy configuration to ensure IRT and shipping systems are used to optimum efficiency.
- Proactively communicate issues to the other members of the IRT team and Supply Chain Study Lead and/or Clinical Development personnel, where appropriate maintaining integrity of the Investigational Clinical Trials.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the functions of the IRT, Clinical Supplies, and understanding of the relationships to other departments such as eData management, Clinical Development and Biostatistics.
- Perform study/site/ subject data changes via the IRT in accordance to the Help Desk Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform manual drug dispensation and verification activities on behalf of the Site staff user, when required, using the IRT system.
- Create ad-hoc reports, Study Specific User Manuals, and Knowledge bases request as needed.
- Participate in the Study Configuration end to end process, as reviewer of the Pre-Live and Post -Live Study setup Verification checklist activity.
- Provide information to investigate Near Misses & Stock-outs to implement process improvements.
- Participate in inspections and regulatory audits, when required.
- Participate in an 24/7/365 IRT Help Desk Support on-call rotation schedule.
- Scientific Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience within clinical trials
- incident management, IRT system and/or clinical supplies
- Understanding of the development process and clinical supplies
- Demonstrates fundamental knowledge of computer systems and IRT/IWRT
- Ability to maintain accurate records and files in accordance with GSK policy, cGMPs, and SOPs
- Proven computing skills & experience with various software: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, MS Project, and incident Management system, etc.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix team
- Should be detail-oriented and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to train others inside and outside the workgroup in area of expertise
- Experience in working with customer relations
- Must exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good planning and coordination skills
- Problem solving skills
- Incident management experience
GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer. This special purpose – along with our goal of being one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies – helps us attract some of the best and brightest minds in the world.
We take pride in providing access to all and continually focus on our opportunity and obligation to do more to improve inclusion and diversity: for our people inside GSK; in the way we do business; and in the communities where we operate.
We want our company to be a place where diversity of people and thought is valued everywhere and where we’re all able to be ourselves and feel a sense of belonging. An inclusive organization where we all feel valued, engaged and supported, knowing that our work makes an important contribution to our mission. Reinforced by our clear values and expectations, it is part of our DNA. Together we achieve extraordinary things for our patients and consumers, who rely on us each and every day.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.