Team Administrator, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
‘Be You’ at GSK
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively .
Are you looking for a fast-paced administrative role that supports senior leadership in a global environment? If so, this Team Administrator role could be an exciting opportunity to explore
Key Responsibilities include:
Provide Administrative support to medical and commercial leadership in the global General Medicines Therapy Area including:
- Manage diverse, routine and ad hoc administrative activities.
- Draft and type memoranda, correspondence and generate reports.
- Coordinate travel arrangements while adhering to GSK Corporate Travel Policy by booking travel to ensure a cost savings to GSK. Manage Calendars.
- Prepare and submit accurate expense reports as required.
- Manage special projects as agreed. • Work across medical and commercial to ensure deliverables for the organization are accomplished.
- Scheduling of meetings (i.e. rooms, catering, A/V and any technology as required).
- Pre-planning of all logistics for internal and external meetings, including interviewing logistics, confirming that meeting supplies and necessary arrangements are in place before the meeting
- Effectively collaborate with the administrative team by positively impacting and contributing to the success of the team on an ongoing basis
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in a variety of databases, software and internal systems to be recognized as an information resource for internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve as point of contact for the Centralized Administrative services team supporting the line of business
The ideal candidate will also have familiarity with managing IT solutions that help facilitate global teams (e.g. team sites/SharePoint). The role requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience working as an Executive Assistant or 5+ years as an Admin Assistant to Sr Leader/teams
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience supporting Senior Leadership positions, in additional to supporting multiple people at leadership and management levels.
- Highly proficient computer skills, including expertise using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, OneNote Share Point).
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Highly skilled in the use of GSK intranet systems for expense reporting, travel management, internal meetings, contract preparation and management.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and diplomacy required.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in the prioritization of multiple and competing requests.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the biggest changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.