Route Director, Part time- 2.5 days per week
Route Director - Job Share – Kent Route (Southern Regions)
Band: Executive Band
Location: London Southwark, with travel through Kent Route and Southern region
Hours: Part time – 2.5 days per week
At Network Rail, we’re part of a large family serving millions of passengers and freight users throughout the UK everyday. Our service impacts millions of people and we strive to become more efficient as we enhance, maintain and operate our network.
We want to help deliver a railway which is safe, reliable, affordable and that provides great customer service to everyone.
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for an outstanding leader to join Network Rail’s Southern region as a Route Director, job sharing with the post incumbent. This will be the first time that an executive-level role has been offered on this basis, part of our commitment to creating a truly diverse, inclusive and flexible workplace.
Reporting to the regional managing director, this seamless twining of two leaders will be accountable for safely delivering a successful, efficient, and reliable rail service across Kent, one of the busiest, most complex and economically important rail networks in the UK. This is a 24/7, 365 days a year business, where no two days are ever quite the same.
Our passengers and freight customers are at the heart of what we do, together you will lead the development and implementation of the route’s strategy, meeting the needs of the railway of today whilst, at the same time, shaping the railway of the future.
So, who could take on this challenge?
You will have significant, senior level experience of building and maintaining strong internal and external relationships, with a background of successful general management in complex organisations and industries.
You will have proven leadership experience; with first-class influencing and interpersonal skills, coupled with an exemplary track record of delivering business results in a constantly evolving environment.
Collaboration is key to success in this role, as is the ability to operate in a highly political and public arena.
Essential skills, qualifications, and experiences
Our Route Director will have the following essential skills, qualifications and experiences
- Educated to degree level or relevant equivalent experience
- Proven expertise in operational management in a safety critical industry at a senior level
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of health, safety and compliance management processes
- Comprehensive experience and skills in leading a service-orientated organisation/business
- Successful experience of managing significant budgets
- Exceptional leadership capabilities, with the vision and ability to establish cross-functional relationships and drive cultural/ organisational change
- Ability to lead, influence, coach, mentor and motivate at all levels to achieve results
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, possessing the ability to interact and maintain credibility with people at all levels across the business, as well as with senior level external stakeholders
We are delighted to be offering this exceptional opportunity. If you believe you have the skills and experience required, we would be pleased to receive your application.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.
Closing date: 13th February 2022. Late applications will not be accepted.